Chapter One

Karina Black walked up the path to her boyfriend's house a sinking feeling in her stomach she doesn't know where the feeling is coming from but it's there and she can't ignore it but for now, she decided to push it to the side.

She knocked on the door and s second later her boyfriend Paul Lahote opened the door an easy-going smile on his face "Hey Baby" Karina smiled back "Hey you" he pulled her into a kiss before letting her into the house, they were having a movie night, so pretty much the usual for them on a Thursday night in the summer, they just finished their sophomore year and their summer vacation just started.

It was half-way through the second movie when Paul paused the movie noticing that she wasn't really paying attention he noticed before but thought maybe she'd say something, she looked at him after he paused the movie "what's going on?"

He shakes his head "Nothing baby, just want to know where your heads at right now" he runs his fingers through her hair "cause it's not here" Karina shook her head "sorry I didn't mean to zone out... I just have this sinking feeling in my gut... I don't know what it is, I've tried to ignore and pushed down but it just won't go away"

The boy just pulls her into a hug "I'm sure that it's nothing K" she sighed staying there for a moment longer before she pulled back looking at him "I'm being serious Paul... I've had this feeling for weeks... I didn't mention because I thought it would go away after a while but it's only gotten stronger"

He just gives her a soft smile "it's gonna be okay baby" Karina has tears in her eyes now "No I don't think it is... I don't know what's happening but I know that I don't like and I just want this feeling to go away."

The boy looks at her for a moment "so this feeling is why you've been so distant lately?" Karina rolled her eyes "not this again... I have not been distant, okay, we have been over this... it's just your imagination I have not been distancing myself from anyone, most of all you"

He scoffed "Well that is not what it looks like from here" Making Karina glare at him "Seriously Paul? What is it with and always trying to a fight lately?" he glares back at her "OH so now me being concerned about my girlfriend is picking a fight?"

The girl stood from her seated position on the couch looking at her boyfriend "That is not what I said, Paul"

"That's what it sounded like"

Karina let out a bitter laugh "I don't know what it is.... but something here had changed... in the entire time that we have known each other we have never fought as much as we have in the past six months... it's almost all we do anymore is fight, and whatever has changed here I don't like it, I don't like the damn near constant fights, none of it"

he looks at her for a moment, silently small voice in his head saying that this is her way of saying she wants out of this relationship..... of course, that voice is wrong but the boy just glares at the girl in front of him, that voice is the doubt and insecurities that he's buried deep down in the back of his mind and in his anger-filled haze it finally slipped past his defenses that usually block it.

So he thinks to himself, she wants a way out... I'll give it to her.

"Well if you think I've changed so much-" she cut him off "that's not what I said... I didn't say you, I said something has changed... there is a big difference there"

He just continues like she never cut him off "If you are so tired of it, then maybe we just shouldn't be together anymore" the last part of the sentence stopped her in her tracks, as tears welled up in her eyes "What?"

He gives her an almost emotionless look "You heard me"

Karina shakes her head "No... that is not what I'm saying" the tears fall down her face as he looks at her "I think that's exactly what you're saying... looks like you're getting what you want after all" Karina sucked in a breath "Paul... no that's not what I want, that is not what I want at all"