Chapter Three

Karina has been home for a few weeks now and she has still yet to talk to Paul, he's tried but she just keeps brushing him off, not ready to actually face him and listen to what he has to say.

She has spent her few weeks home, hanging out with Jacob, Embry, and Quil or with Leah or she's at the beach or in the woods around the Rez taking pictures and she's talked to Jared a little bit but still won't hang out with him because she knows that Paul is gonna try and talk to her and she doesn't want to talk to him.

She knows that she probably should talk to him but she just doesn't want to, she doesn't want to go back down that road because of how, bad she got hurt the first time, if Karina is being honest she's a little bit afraid to go back down that road with him. So she just tries to avoid him when she can and she ignores the pull that she feels in her chest every time that she sees him.

Karina was currently on her way to the bench to meet Leah she had convinced the older girl to let her do a photo shoot and take pictures of Leah as to give Karina something to do other than landscape photoshoots.

Karina took a bunch of different shots, at a bunch of different angles, the girl smiled happily at the results "Thanks so much for doing this Leah and I promise no one else is gonna see those unless you want them too, they will stay on my computer or I can give you a couple of copies for you do whatever you want with"

The older girl smiled "Thanks Rin, I didn't expect to have that much fun doing a photoshoot" Karina smiled at her "of course Leah... you were my first model in a photo shoot, I usually stick to landscapes and animal candids, stuff like that"

The girls are walking towards Karina's Jeep laughing "Karina?" she heard from behind her she glanced over at Leah and rolled her eyes, before looking at him "I'm not interested okay? just leave me alone"

She gets into the Jeep and Leah sees the look on the boys face as she get into the passenger side, Karina pulled out of the parking lot and the older girl looked over at her best friend "you know Rin but maybe it wouldn't hurt to at least just hear him out.... you don't have to like it, you don't have to forgive him or anything just hear him out, but I also will say this, if the look on his face just now when you basically told him to get lost says anything I'd say the boy knows how bad he screwed up... I mean come on he looked like a kicked a puppy"

Karina sighed having caught the look several times herself after having a similar conversation with him over the past few weeks "I can't just forget what happened that night Leah, I look at him and I feel this pull but I can still hear what he said that night in the back of my mind.... just there on a loop and I just-" Leah nodded at her "not only are you still mad about that night but you're also afraid to get close to him again.. afraid of getting hurt again"

Karina nodded at her "yeah that about sums it up... wow you know me so well Leah" the older girl smiled "well I have been your best friend since we were kids so that might have something to do with it" the girls laugh as Karina pulls into the Clearwaters driveway "Are you coming in for a bit? Mom would love to see you"

Karina smiled at her cutting the Jeep off "yeah I'll come in and see Sue and Harry for a minute... and the little squirt Seth if he's here" Leah laughed "I know mom and Seth are in but I think Dad was going fishing" the two get out of Karina's Jeep and walk into the Clearwater house.

Karina nodded remembering what her father had told her that morning "yeah Dad said something about going fishing with Harry and Charlie before I left the house to pick you up this morning now that I think about it"

Sue stuck her head out of the kitchen and smiled seeing the younger girl with Leah "Karina, sweetie it's so good to see you" She smiled back hugging Sue "It's good to see you too Sue" the two walked into the kitchen and Karina ruffled Seth's hair as they walked passed him at the table.