Chapter Two

Karina Black just pulled her Jeep into a parking spot in front of the local diner in her hometown of La Push Washington, while on the phone with her father.

It had been nearly a year since the girl had been in her hometown "alright dad I just pulled into the diner parking lot, I'm gonna pick up some lunch and bring it in, so are Embry and Quil with Jake so I know if I need to bring extra?"

Billy laughed "yes the boys are out in the garage, want me to tell them your on your way?"

The girl smiled "No, let me surprise them as of right now you and Leah are the only people that knew I was coming home today almost two months early" the man smiled "alright then sweetheart we will see you in a few minutes"

"See you soon Dad, love you"

"Love you too Karina" then she hangs up the phone, getting out of her Jeep and heading into the diner to order some food to take home and see her dad and surprise her brother, Embry, and Quil.

She went to open the door only for it to fly open and Karina looked up to apologize only to lock eyes with the last person that she had wanted to see on her first few minutes back in town.

As soon as Paul locked eyes with Karina, his entire world just shifted and suddenly the only thing holding him down was her, the only thing that mattered to him was her.

The two just stood there staring at each other until Jared came up behind Paul clapping him on the shoulder having felt the imprint through the pack link. HE laughed seeing who Paul had just imprinted on. Snapping both of them outta the trance that the imprint had them in he smiled at her "Hey Rin, when did you get back?"

She shook her head and looked towards Jared "Hey Jar and Uhh 10 minutes ago, I thought I stop and grab some food to take home for dad and the boys so here I am" the boy nodded at her with a smile "we'll see you around Rin" then he let her past and into the diner.

As soon as she was out of sight Jared burst out laughing "Oh my god... the universe must absolutely hate you for that one..... you just imprinted on Rin.... good luck with that one man" Paul kind just stood there in shock he had just imprinted on his ex-girlfriend "Shit"

Jared is still laughing at his best friend's absolute misfortune as Paul glares at him as they head back towards Emily's to meet up with Sam for Patrol.

As soon as the boys came through the door Sam looked at him "which one of you was it?" that sets Jared off laughing once again as he points at Paul, who rolled his eyes "Stop laughing it's mot funny man"

Jared smirked at him "its a little funny... so our boy here just imprinted on probably the last person that anyone would have expected Karina Black... she just got back into town"

Sam give the boy a look "Well she's an imprint now so you're going to have to sit her down and explain everything to her"

Paul sighed "I know the hard part of this is gonna be getting her to actually talk to me in order to explain it to her."

Karina just pulled up to her house a smile on her face as she took the food into the house.

She smiled seeing her father in the living room as she sits the bag of food on the table, she walked over hugging Billy "Hey Dad"

"Hi sweetheart it's good to see you" the man hugged her back "how was the trip in?"

"It was good... I would have been here about 5 minutes sooner Hadid I not gotten held up at the diner" the older man gave her a look "what happened?"

Karina sighed "Not much really I just ran into Paul and Jared, I went to open the door and then it flung open from the other side so I looked up was gonna apologize for blocking the door when I locked eyes with Paul... it was really weird I felt like I was in some kind of trance as I was looking into his eyes and we just kinda stood there for a few minutes and then Jared came up and broke the trance and then I felt this weird pull but I have no clue what it was about so I talk to Jared for a minute while Paul was just kinda staring at me"