Chapter Four

Karina rolled her eyes with a sigh and muttered to herself "Of course why else would he be freaking out so much" before speaking loud enough for Jake about to hear "Get in... I'll drive you over to Charlies and see what we can do to help... I mean the girl is dad's best friends daughter so let's go"

The younger boy smiled at his sister "Thanks Rina"

She rolled her eyes again, she doesn't like the Swan girl all that much "Like I said she's dad's best friend's daughter and if Charlie is upset about his daughter being missing then dad isn't gonna be happy either and I don't like when dad gets upset so let's help find the girl."

Jacob climbed into Karina's Jeep and the older girl pulled out of the driveway and headed towards Forks, towards Charlie Swan's house.

It took about 30 minutes to get there from their house and Jacob was outta the Jeep as soon as it came to a stop making Karina roll her eyes at how obviously in love with the Swan gorl her little brother was.

She got out of her Jeep after her brother and smiled at Charlie "Hey Charlie, Jake and I are here to help at dad's request, he will be here when Harry and the others get here, so where have you looked so we can cross it off the search grid?"

The older man smiled gratefully at the elder Black sibling "thanks for coming Jake, Karina" then he pointed to the map laid out on the hood of his police cruiser.

They had been there for a few hours and crossed several areas off the search grid, it was getting dark now and they still hadn't found the girl. Charlie, Billy, Harry, Jake, and Karina are gathered around Charlie's police cruiser looking at the map or in Harry's case a laptop, as the search party is in full swing, Charlie pulled out his cell phone "I'm gonna try the Cullens place again"

Billy looked up at his friend "The Cullens left town Charlie"

"Good riddance" was the reply that came from Harry. Karina furrowed her eyebrows remembering the name Cullen from the stories that she's been told about the tribe growing up.

Charlie looked over at the man "Where'd they go?"

Harry stands from his stooped position ignoring the question in a way before reassuring the man that they would find Bella "We'll find her Charlie."

He nodded at his old friend "Thanks, Harry."

Karina and Jacob turn around hearing footsteps from behind them, Jake calls out his name "Charlie!" while Karina is glaring at the man that came out of the woods carrying Bella.

The man that broke her best friend's heart.

Once Charlie sees Sam he takes off running towards them they hear "She's alright."

Charlie takes Bella from him "I got her. Thank you, Sam."

Everyone else was focused on Bella but Karina noticed the look shared between Sam who she was still glaring daggers at and Harry and she made a note to ask her dad about it later. She also noticed the look that Sam was giving her brother before he turned around and walked away.

Later that night after Jake had gone to bed she sat down across from her father "alright what was with the look that Harry gave Sam when she walked out of the woods with Bella?"

Billy smiled at his daughter, "I can't answer that sweetheart."

The girl rolled her eyes "okay what about the look that Sam was giving Jake? Can you tell me about that?"

Billy shook his head at her "can't answer that question either"

Karina sighed "okay fine... figured I should have known that you wouldn't tell me anything but I had to ask anyway."