Revenge Is A Dish Best Eaten

Jesse had to leave the next day to do Dutch's plan of revenge on Bronte, when he had to say farewell, it was not easy for... all of them.

"How long will you be gone?" Eli asked with tears falling on his cheek.

"Quite a while, Eli." Jesse smiled to him as he crouched in front of the two boys.

"Can we come with you?" Isa asked with as much tears as his twin brother.

"Oh, sweet Jesus, no! It'll be too dangerous."

"We only just met yesterday ang you're already leaving us!" Eli said and cried loudly along with Isa.

Jesse chuckled and stood up to ruffle both the boys' hair, "I'll be back, I promise you two." He then turns to Jonathan, "Dad, how long will you be staying in Saint Denis?"

"Oh, we won't, we'll be staying in Strawberry for a few months though... a little vacation..." he replied then continued to converse with Hamish.

"See? After this job, I'll be going to you." Jesse reassured the boys.

"You won't know where we'll be in Strawberry." Isa said.

"It's a small place, I'm sure I'll be able to find you."

They both finally nod and hugged him one last time. Jesse then moved to Evelyn who Jonathan convinced to call her 'Mom' from now on.

"Ma, I should get going." Jesse said. She smiled as he walked towards him as well.

"Oh, I love hearing that word from you." She said as he wrapped one of his arms around her in a hug. "Take care, son."

"I will." Jesse smiled and turned to Jonathan. "Pa, I'll be back in while."

"Okay, son... you better be back. Because if you die, I'll shoot you myself." He said as he hugged his son.

"I won't die even if you wanted me to. You might get tired of me." Jesse joked and they laughed.

He turns to his horse and also waves a goodbye to Hamish.

Now he's finally arrived at the bayou where Dutch told them to meet. Bill, Lenny, John and Dutch are already there. He grabbed his rifles and put on his bandoliers before joining the group.

"There you are! Why are you and Arthur always late?" Dutch asked.

Jesse then looks to his pocket watch, "It's 2:45, how early do you want us to be here?"

"Fair point. Anyway, I'll speak of the plan when Arthur gets here."

"Okay." Jesse said as he leaned on the rails next to John. "How you getting on?"

"Fine, just, what are we doing here?" John asked.

"I don't know either but... It's Dutch..."

"Yeah, you're right, no point in complaining now. We're here."

They stayed put for a few hours until Bill asked Dutch something.

"So, Dutch... what's Tahiti like, anyhow?"

"I have no idea..." Dutch then turns to Jesse, "Jesse, would mind to educate us about the biology of Tahiti?"

Jesse looks up from his journal, "First of all, it's Geology. And second, I only know about the physical basis of the country, not the people." He said as he turned back to his reading.

Dutch and Bill just looked at him, waiting for another answer, "Please do tell." Dutch finally said.

Jesse closed his journal and sighed, "It was first settled by migrating Polynesians as early as 500BC. Then, it was later discovered by European explorers in the 16th century and then colonized by France... It's now officially known as French Polynesia, it is an autonomous overseas country of the French Republic." Jesse said in one breath. "Any questions?"