A Sweet Time In Cumberland

The scenes of last night didn't let Jesse sleep for the night. After that whole Bronte business, the gang went back to camp separately without speaking a word of it. Dutch went on as normal, announcing it to camp as 'Problem Solved' which Hosea wasn't happy about but Dutch pulled him aside to start on the plan for the bank.

Arthur went back to his room as well as John to greet his family. The boy was looking for Jesse but John tells him to give the other man a break. Jesse, he was okay, he didn't break down or anything, it just brought back memories of when he was the one helpless being dunked underwater but he's fine. Just awfully quiet. So instead of sleeping at midnight, he just asked Javier for him to take over guard duty till sunrise. The tired Mexican agreed and thanked him.

It's well over five in the morning and the sun is already rising. Jesse was about to find Javier to take over, when suddenly, a pair of horse hooves sounded through the woods and headed their direction, Jesse's brows furrowed and started to aim the gun till he recognized the couple before him.

"Mr. and Mrs. Gold?" Jesse acknowledged them, the couple didn't waste any more time.

"It's Dupont, Jesse!" Miriam frantically said as the couple quickly dismounted.

Jesse's heart sank to his stomach when he heard the name, Evan Dupont.

"W-W-What happened?" Jesse stammered, everything around him is happening so quickly, his words couldn't act the way his brain wants to.

The three of them quickly looked around then entered the camp without permission, earning a few weird looks from the gang. Dutch then approaches the three.

"Who are these people?" he asked.

Jesse quickly introduced them. Then made their way inside, for the couple needed to hide in case someone followed them from their home. They can't tell the police, because Dupont is one of the high society men in Saint Denis.

Now, Jesse, Miriam and Abraham are huddled around a table inside the house of Shady Belle along with Arthur trying to have sense of the situation, but Jesse is as confused as they are. Jesse didn't involve Dutch because it'll confuse him even more.

"I thought ya'll were well protected in that house?" Jesse said with a tone of slight anger but he tried to hide it.

"It is well protected by us." Abraham said in the same tone.

"Well then where were you? You know this man is a threat so why would you leave Jessica unattended? I leave for two fucking days and this happens!?" the gunslinger finally snapped and hit the table before running the same hand through his hair. It shocked Dutch and Arthur since they never heard that type of language come out of Jesse's mouth, ever.

Abraham stood up and angrily pointed a finger at Jesse, "Hey! Might I remind you that Jessica is not the only one at stake here! The son of a bitch has my boy and his sister!"

"We're trying to be calm here, we came to you because we know how much you love Jessica so don't ever try and put the blame on us." Miriam tried to calmy say but anger was also evident in her voice. "We're here, in case you have any idea of what Dupont wanted to say in the letter he left us-"

"He left you a letter? Couldn't you have started with that!?" Jesse yelled again. Arthur put a hand on his shoulder but Jesse nudged it away.

"We would have, if you stayed calm!" Abraham countered.

"THE LOVE OF MY LIFE IS IN DANGER-"

"AND SO ARE OUR CHILDREN! So, I suggest you man up and think clearly about the situation!" Miriam finally snapped.

Jesse got silent and quickly exited the house, the moment he stepped foot on the moist ground, any food he ate in the last few hours came out of his mouth. He threw up because of all the stress and pressure, and Arthur was just behind him.