46. My Weakness

~ FLUFF BECAUSE I LOVE THEM SO MUCH ~

~ but also plot ~

When Bella was first placed into her hospital room - she was there completely alone. Her room was empty, only her bed keeping her company, along with a sofa and a tiny, brown coffee table.

But now, this wasn't the case. The nurses told her that due to the 'earthquake' that happened earlier that day, they would have to add at least 3 more beds. She didn't complain, until Max was completely forbidden to stay with her and the blonde had to be there, surrounded by people she didn't know and never had seen.

Right now, she was tossing and turning in bed, unable to fall asleep due to the snoring created by the two men next to her.

"Ugh." The girl mumbled out of frustration, pressing her pillow on her ears in an attempt to muffle the noises, completely unsuccessful.

So, after 2 long and frustrating hours, she stood up from her bed and with small and careful steps opened the room door. A nurse immediately saw her, running directly to her as Bella tripped, leaning on the wall for support.

"I am sorry miss Winston, but you can't walk on your own like that." The young nurse scolded, and although Bella hated to be commanded, she could feel the worry and distress in her voice.

"I am sorry." Annabelle apologized, "I can't sleep. There is too much noise. Is it possible that I get transferred into another room?"

"Unfortunately, all our rooms are full." The young woman flipped through the pages of the folder in her hands. Bella sighed with a grunt as she looked down at her feet.

"Can I go home then?" The girl begged, while the nurse looked at her with furrowed brows, unable to comprehend how such a weak girl would refuse staying at the hospital, knowing she would be safer there.

"I am sorry, but for that you will have to sign a special document, that states you refuse treatment." The other woman responded by book.

"Okay?" Bella scrunched up her face, "I would like to sign it then?"

"I am sorry, miss, but you don't have 18. Your sister is the only one that can do that for you." The nurse finished, but her eyes showed genuine worry and sympathy.

"What is your name?" Bella raised a brow, crossing her arms in front of her chest.

"Emily."

"Right, Emily, I am Bella." The girl held her arm in the air from the nurse to shake, and she did, before Annabelle continued, "I am here completely alone and very uncomfortable. I have been trying to fall asleep for hours, and honestly, I can't stand it anymore in my room. Can I go home and if something happens, even if it's just a headache, I will tell you personally."

Emily seemed to think for a bit before she responded, evaluating the situation and trying to keep in mind the other girl's point of view.

"Okay." She agreed reluctantly, "I will write you some medication to take and then remove the abbocath from your hand. My personal number will also be there, you can call me at any point throughout the day, please don't hesitate to do so."

"Thank you so much!" Bella grinned from ear while the nurse started writing on a tiny piece of paper everything that the blonde had to strictly follow.

"Here." The nurse gave her the paper that was written from top to bottom, on both sides, and Annabelle thanked her for that. Soon, the abbocath was also removed from her hand and she was able to go home.