𝐀 𝐅𝐥𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐑𝐞𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐥𝐞𝐝

𝐎𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟗 ; 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐲

𝐀𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐈 𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞, we decided to head back to my dorm room. We contemplated telling the others about what happened and what we found, but we thought it would be a better idea to do some investigating on our own first.

Well, Dess was doing some investigating. A nigga was too hungry to try and do any brain work at the moment.

Dess sat on my bed in some fresh clothes that I gave her. Her curly hair was pulled up and back with one of those claw clip things that these hoes wear now and a couple of curls that didn't make it into the bun fell on the sides of her face. She chewed on her Apple Pencil, as she stared down at the iPad mini screen that laid in her lap.

I'd been calling her name for the longest so I could let her know the food was done, but I guess she was too invested into the research she was doing. Crumbling up the random half written on notebook paper laying on my desk, I threw it at her. Laughing once it made contact with her forehead. "Earth to Destiny?"

"What dickhead?" She let out a small laugh, not even taking her eyes off of the screen.

"Food ready." I motioned behind me to the kitchen, like she was even looking.

"Thanks, I'll get some in a second."

"Nah, you gone get some now. You been looking at that shit for like an hour." I walked over to her snatching the iPad out her hands and walking out my room and into the kitchen. She followed behind me, sitting on one of the barstools around the counter. "You don't have to snatch."

"Here." I slid her a plate with some Digerno pizza on it. Instead of her eyes being on the food that nearly slid off the counter, her eyes indiscreetly traveled my body starting from the top of the tattoo on my chest to the waist line of my pajama pants. "Like what you see?" My eyebrow raised and a small smile subconsciously formed on my face.

"When did you get tatted?" She tried to play it off, pulling her lips into her mouth forming small dimples on the sides of her cheeks.

I know she had a crush on me when we first started hanging out, I figured that's what she was going to say in the woods, but I didn't know she still did. I wish she had said something back then because I had feelings for her too, but I saw her dancing on Jalen I thought they had a thing. Plus Mariah getting in my head and then my pants... I figured she didn't feel the same way about me. After I fucked Mariah I assume she told Dess and Sai about it. Destiny pretty much stopped coming around after that, and her and Marsai didn't seem as cool anymore which I found strange since they were roommates. But, I never put two and two together, until Ja said something recently. I just always thought she stopped coming around because the situation was over with and the zonbi problem was solved.

With all that being said, us being together again felt right to me and I hope it felt right to her too. If I have the chance, I wouldn't mind trying things out with her. That is, if we made it out this shit alive.

"Like a couple months ago, with my boys of course."

She nodded biting down on her pizza.

"Since it's late and I know your Aunt doesn't get off until the morning, you can just stay over. You know, especially since the thing is out here running loose and shit."

"Aweee is LaMelo Ball scared to be alone?" She playfully teased in a baby voice.

"Shorty, stop playing with me." I chuckled. "I'd just feel better knowing you're here safe, that's all." Absent mindedly, my tongue slid across my bottom lip while I admired her face. I'm guessing my gaze made her nervous, because she started shifting in her seat and avoiding eye contact again. It was cute.

"Mhmm." A hum vibrated from her lips. "Sure, I'll stay over. Are you sure miss thing won't be upset about it?"

"She's not my girl. I can do what I want." I shrugged.

"Huh? But I thought?" She asked taken aback by my sudden response.

"We're just fucking." I quickly cut her off before she could even imply anything else.

"Does she know that?"

I laughed lightly, "I mean she should. I made it clear."

"I noticed Mariah has a 1of1 tattoo too. Y'all got it together?" She questioned, seemingly unconvinced by my previous statements.

"Nah, she got hers after I got mine." I cleared my throat. Holding up the iPad in the air, before leaning on the counter across from her. "But yeah, um. What were you looking at earlier?"

"Oh, here." She unlocked the screen. "I was just trying to put together the pieces of why one of us would go back and dig the amulet up. I was trying to see if I could figure out the others offers and maybe I could make some sense of all of this, but it's not making any sense to me."

"I think you got some of the offers wrong. Jalen taking the offer to get in the G-League this summer is right. Marsai offer to win that award, that's right. But Ja's and Mariah's are wrong."

"How do you know?"

"Well for starters, Ja told me what his offer was. He was offered to be top 3 in the draft next year. Which makes sense to why nothing has changed for him yet besides having more scouts at the games. And Mariah's offer was fame and fortune."

"But before we stopped being friends she told me her offer was talent and that's how she singing. The bitch couldn't sing for shit, but now all of a sudden she can."

"Huh? But You know her instagram started blowing up outta no where and she hasn't even been posting. She went from like 10 to 500k and got hella brand deals. This just started happening like a week a...go..." My mouth fell open, as my brain was making connections with the words that were coming out of my mouth.

"That fucking bitch!" She yelled, hopping off of the bar stool and pacing back and forth in front of me. "She's the reason why the thing is back and after us. She's so fucking selfish and greedy! She went back for more! After we all promised we'd hide that shit forever! Ugh, I can't fucking stand her, the nerve of that dumb bitch." She ranted.

I could tell she was hot. Her face contoured into a scowl and her eyes went from it's normal brown to a slightly darker hue. Naveah marched into my room, looking around, before grabbing her hoodie and sliding it over her head.

"Wait, Dess, what are you doing?"

"I'm finna go beat her ass!"

"Woah, chill out." I grabbed her by the waist as she tried to push past me.

"Move out my way Me-"

I don't know what came over me but I pushed her against a wall and my lips crashed onto hers. I held onto her tightly, feeling her body relax in my grasp as she finally gave in and kissed me back. Pulling away, I lightly grabbed the side of her face, making sure she looked me in my eyes.

"We can meet up with everyone tomorrow, and confront her then. Just give it a breather, I don't want you to do something you'd regret. Understand?"