𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐀𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐒𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐧 𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐞

𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐞 𝟎𝟓 ; 𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤

𝐒𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐜𝐚𝐦𝐩𝐮𝐬, Friday nights were kind of lame. The 6 teens laid around in Mariah and Marsai's dorm trying to find some sort of entertainment for the night, but nothing was really standing out to them.

"You guys want to go to the French Quarter?" Mariah, who was laying on the floor next to Destiny, asked the group, in her last attempt to find something fun to do. Using her elbows as support, she lifted her body slightly off the ground in order to see everyone faces.

"Ain't that in New Orleans?" Ja questioned, shoving a pizza pocket in his mouth, without taking his eyes off of the basketball highlights currently playing on the TV screen.

"Yeah, so?"

"That's like an hour away. How we gone get there?"

"I can ask my dad for the uber money." Marsai suggested. Her father was a business executive for a Fortune 500 company. She was pretty wealthy and the others wondered why she even decided to come to Louisiana when she could've went somewhere like NYU. "I'll tell him it's for fashion inspiration or something. He won't question it."

"Man it must be nice to be rich." Destiny hummed. Being able to ask your Dad for anything, let alone an Uber XL, or Black knowing Marsai, must be one of the greatest feelings in the world.

"It has its perks." And downfalls, the other teens didn't know, but Marsai basically raised herself. Her parents were never in the picture, they used money as a way to make up for it.

"Let's do it, we don't got shit else to do." Jalen spoke sliding his thumb up on his phone to watch the next TikTok video to pop up on his FYP. "And maybe we can fuck around and find a spot that don't ID." Melo added wiggling his eyebrows. "I'm tryna get fucked up." "Hell yeah." The boys dapped each other up.

"With these faces, ID's don't matter." Destiny smirked, motioning to Mariah, Marsai, and herself. "Yeah, aight. I bet you whatever you want, y'all 'face cards' get declined." LaMelo teased, not because he thought they were ugly, but because he was a dickhead.

"Say less, you buying the shots all night." The girl challenged, not realizing she was going to regret that statement.

𝟑

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐩 𝐬𝐮𝐜𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐟𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐚 𝐛𝐚𝐫. The bass from the speakers vibrated through their bodies as Bounce music blared throughout the building.

"Shots for you, you, and of course two for you for proving a nigga wrong." LaMelo smiled, handing out the shots to the girls who were responsible for getting them in. If it wasn't for their face cards being 'valid', they would've been stuck outside with the over 40 year olds and the underage, probably bribing someone to go buy them some liquor. "Thank you, very much." Destiny smiles back at the boy watching in amusement as he tosses his head back, gulping the brown liquor that was in his glass, before setting it back down on the bar countertop. She wondered how he did that without even making a face. Destiny was never much of a drinker and didn't even know why she bet LaMelo for some shots. Now that she thought about it should've said food. They matched before leaving campus and her appetite was catching up with her.

"I hope you know, we not baby sitting tonight." He nudged Destiny who was sipping on one of her shots of Casa Migos. Because the speakers were so loud, LaMelo leaned down so that his mouth was close to her ear, and his hand found the small of her back bringing their bodies slightly closer. Shivers slipped down her spine as she felt his breath tickle her ear as he spoke. "Take both them shits to the head right now."