𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞, 𝐅𝐥𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬, 𝐄𝐱𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐞

𝐎𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟏 ; 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐝𝐚𝐲

𝐈𝐧 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐡'𝐬 𝐃𝐨𝐫𝐦 𝐑𝐨𝐨𝐦, after lighting the last few candles in the dark bathroom, she held the amulet up to the mirror reciting the phrase in creole, "𝐒𝐞 𝐩𝐨𝐮 𝐟𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐦 𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐚 𝐩𝐨𝐭𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐲 𝐥𝐚 𝐛𝐚𝐧 𝐦𝐰𝐞𝐧." before hovering the amulet over one of the lit candles.

Once the amulet heated up, its emerald core changed from green to red and the 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 appeared in the mirror before her.

"I want another offer." Mariah stated plainly in creole, smirking in to the mirror. Destiny was going to 𝐫𝐞𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐭 ever coming back into the picture and trying to get between her and LaMelo.

Copying the face she made, the thing spoke. "You wish to receive another offer, I see, but this comes to you at a price of 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞. A boy named Lamelo will fall in love with you, but there are a few tasks that you will have to do. Set me free 𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭, and you will receive all you desire, but if you don't your life will 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐞."

𝟓

𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐲 𝐬𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐱𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐥𝐲 𝐰𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐲𝐬. They were waiting for Marsai to come back with Mariah so that they could figure out the ritual, but she wasn't back yet, and it was starting to worry all of them.

"Fuck are they at? It's almost dark out and it's going to storm soon." Ja checked his phone, hoping to see a message from Marsai explaining why they're running late, but to no avail there was nothing. He checked her location and it wasn't available, something that usually happened when it stormed. He only could pray that the thing hadn't gotten to her.

"Has anybody called her?"

"Yes, Destiny we called like 10 times already. Shut the fuck up." Melo spoke with the nastiest attitude dripping from his tone. All eyes were now on him, surprised by his random attitude. He was just cracking jokes, not even 5 minutes ago.

Destiny felt a slight twinge of hurt in her heart, listening to the hate that sounded on his tongue as he spoke to her. Before a tear could fall, she walks out quickly, flopping down on the couch in the living room wondering 'What did she do to him?' One minute they were almost making love, and then the next this nigga acts like he hates her guts. Was it because she wouldn't have sex with him? Was it because she and Mariah had that argument? They hadn't spoken one on one since it all happened despite LaMelo's phone calls that night and she was starting to regret it.

"What's up with you? She just asked a question." Jalen furrowed his eyebrows. "She asking too many of them bitches." Melo shrugged not moving his eyes from the screen of his phone.

"So nigga? You don't gotta be disrespectful."

LaMelo chuckled, giving Jalen his full attention. "What, you captain save a hoe now or some?" A sly smilie creeping on his face.

"And if I am? What's up?" Jalen's blood was starting to simmer, standing up his eyebrows raised, and his arms were out to the side in a 'w' shape, trying to figure out what time LaMelo was on.

"She don't want you nigga." LaMelo stood up walking two steps closer to Jalen matching the energy and tension within the room. "You been on her dick since she met you, you not tired of choking yet my nigga? You just seen her fighting over me with Mariah."

Jalen's blood now at a boil, pushed LaMelo back ready to swing, but Ja quickly jumped between his two best friends. "Fuck wrong wit you niggas? I was gone let y'all argue bout da shit, but I'm not finna let y'all box."

Grabbing his phone off the bed Melo walks out the room without a word.

Jalen shook his head in disbelief at his friend before walking out to check on the girl. "You good Dess?" Jalen asked sitting next to the figure that was wrapped up in a ball. Her knees were to her chest with her arms covering her head. "Don't take that shit to heart, he....tweakin." He rolled his eyes.

"Can I ask you a question?" She sat up, wiping a few stray tears that had rolled down her cheeks. His eyes scanned her face, looking at all the beautiful components that made it. Stopping, especially to admire her lips. One of his favorite things about her. "Green?" She snapped her fingers in front of his face.

"Yeah, yeah. Sorry what- uh. What's up?" He chuckled a little embarrassed, rubbing his hand through his curls.

"If you really liked a girl.."

"Uh huh?" His eyebrows raised,  "and she didn't want to have sex with you.. would you be mad?"

Jalen shrugged, "Well, to be honest if its a girl I like and I'm not just tryna fuck on some, Imma respect her boundaries. It's not a big deal to me if she don't let me slide, if she not ready yet."

Destiny nodded her head not knowing what to say.

"But if it's a hoe im just tryna crack on I'd be mad, especially if she led me on." Jalen spoke the second part before realizing that she was probably speaking about her and Melo since he's had an attitude towards her all day. "Is that what happened?" Jalen asked.

Destiny nodded her head, getting up from her spot on the couch ready to head back home. She figured the ritual wasn't going to happen tonight since Marsai still hasn't shown up, and there was no point of hanging around where she wasn't wanted. She'd much rather cry in her room while listening to some Jhene or SZA. "Thanks for the advice."

"Wait Dess," he touched her arm, stopping her from walking any further. "You're an amazing girl. And that nigga is lucky to even be in your presence and if it makes you feel any better." Jalen wanted to punch himself in the face for what he was about to say, but he knew it was the right thing to do. "Melo really likes you, trust me. I think he's probably just scared, like the rest of us and is just taking it out on you cause he know we'd whoop his ass if he tried us." He chuckled.

Destiny laughed, rolling her eyes at the last part. "Thanks Green." She reached down hugging him. Holding onto each other a bit longer than they should but neither wanting to pull away first.

Soon after, Marsai busts through the door, scaring Destiny making her awkwardly fall onto Jalen.

"I can't find Mariah." She gasps, "And I think she used the amulet... again. Wait why were you on top of him? You know what, we don't have time for that right now, guys we have a fucking problem!"