𝐌𝐚𝐝𝐚𝐦 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐞 𝐋𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐚𝐮

𝐎𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟏 ; 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐝𝐚𝐲

Jalen, Destiny, and Ja could barely understand Marsai, as she spoke frantically giving them the run down on what had occurred on her mission to find Mariah. "I checked her location and it said she was at our room right, so that's where I went. But when I got there I could smell the candles had been burned, and when I walked in the bathroom there was still some smoke coming from them. I had to just have missed her. But I don't know where she could have went. Her location is off now." Her mind ran wild thinking of the endless possibilities of what Mariah could have done, and where she could be.

"Fuck, so she asked for another offer?" Jalen asked the question that they all thought in their minds. No matter how much they all wanted to hope and pray it wasn't true. All the signs pointed to it. "I think so." She mumbled in response, fiddling with the gold jewelry on her fingers. "What are we going to do?" She sighed hopelessly. 

"Honestly, we prolly should go back to the spot we got the book and amulet from. We can't do this shit by ourselves anymore we need somebody who know what they doing." Ja looked worriedly at them all, his arms were bracing the side of his head like that one Regina Hall meme.

"Okay, lets go right now." Marsai nodded, pulling out her phone to order the uber. 

"But wait where'd Melo go?" Destiny chewed on the inside of her cheek. "Wouldn't it make sense to have Melo too? What if something happens to him?"

"Fuck that nigga, we just gone have to do this shit without him." Jalen mumbled grabbing his sweatshirt from the side of the couch and heading towards the door. How could she think about that nigga at a time like this, he didn't seem to give a fuck about her why would she give a fuck about him?

𝟕

The sky was dark, and awfully gloomy. Rain fell from the heavens and splattered to the ground routinely and seemed to pour harder and harder every minute that went by. 

"I could've sworn this where it was. Where the fuck did it go?" Ja threw his hands in the air in a frustrated manner. The uber let them out on bourbon street, but the shop looked to be no where in sight. Almost as if it never existed in the first place.

"It definitely was right here. We aren't making this up are we?" Marsai looked at the group confused. How could a whole ass building just disappear like that, there is no fucking way.

"What you juvies looking for?" A random man who stood under a balcony, leaned against a pillar, asked the teens. A cigar burning in between his fingers, and smoke escaped his lips as he blew out his cancer air. 

"There was a store right here right? It was like a spiritual shop or something?" Destiny questioned.

A gust of wind blew by blowing out his cigar. His eyes narrowed at them, and his demeanor was now defensive like he was suspicious of something. "You talking bout house of hoodoo?"

The teens nodded their head at the wierd man. 

"That shit been gone, one day Laveau lost her touch." The man shrugged his shoulders relighting his cigar with a lighter he pulled out of his pockets. "How you know bout that spot?" He mumbled. 

"Bruh we do not have time to be conversating right now. You know where we can find her?" Jalen asked, growing irritated with how long winded with conversation the man seemed to be.

"Madam Laveau?" 

"Duh nigga." Jalen rolled his eyes fully irritated. "Yeah, you know where she at?" Ja asked again. 

"A house about two blocks down. All white with eagle statues. You should be able to find her over there." He pointed in the directions the teens should head in.