𝕱𝖗𝖎𝖊𝖓𝖉𝖘

[Natalies P.O.V]

It was a little later in the day, I had just finished washing the dishes from tonight's small dinner with my older brother. Our house was pretty decent, surprisingly well maintained. My mother was home just upstairs doing God who knows what, my father well he was on a business trip for his company.

I had dried off the plate sitting it down on the drying rack.
"Hey, i'll be out for a bit" I whispered to my older brother Brandon who was in tune with the Tv show. He nodded his head slowly before I walked away, I made sure I had all my things before I left the house.

I had walked off the front porch staring down the street towards a nearby alleyway heading through there.
Since we were near a bridge that's usually where I went to clear my head.
I had started down that path walking towards the flickering light at the end.

[Avery's P.O.V]

I took a deep breath, but it turned into a loud sob.

I can't believe I'm finally doing this, this is what you want right..right!

I slowly and shakily brought the knife up to my chest before being frightened by a loud voice.

[NATALIE'S P.O.V]

I had stopped when i saw a woman who was in the process of wanting to end her life then in there she had the knife held up towards her chest streams of tears falling from her face.
"The fuck are you doin!?" I shouted, I shouldn't have said that to someone who's on the verge of life or death. I had sprinted over to her carefully, taking the knife away and throwing it in the water.

"Is there a reason..?" I asked, looking at her. Her eyes were beyond puffy and swollen, she looked as if she'd been crying for hours.

The small girl just shoved me and responded with "it's none of your concern..." between her tears. " I respect that you don't want me to know but the shoving, that was just unnecessary." I stepped away for a split second rubbing my head.

"Well, maybe you wanna step away from the bridge?" I asked the girl standing in front of me, she was wearing an oversized hoodie with a nice design in front of it, her hood was up but I only got a small look of her face.

"Why do you care, I don't even know you." The girl said she looked quite puzzled. I was curious about her and why she wanted to end her life so early. She looked young. I don't see why, but again I never know what goes on behind closed doors.

I watched as the girl tugged on her sleeves twisting her leg around in her spot. "Look...i was only trying to help not arrest you" I stepped back leaning on the bridge, the wall itself was too high for me to fall off, someone would have to climb it to jump off.

[Avery's P.O.V]

"Soo.. what's your name?" I asked the girl so I could break the uncomfortable silence. "Natalie, how about you, shortie" she replied. "I- um- okay whatever My name is Avery"

"That's dope," Natalie said with a small chuckle.

I continued walking next to her with my hands in my pockets, since the night was kinda cold. .

We talked for a while and walked around town. Natalie is actually a really cool person. "Hey um Natalie what time is it?" I asked excitedly. "It's 9:45, why?" She asked, clearly confused.

(A/N: her father said he was coming home early today at 10:00 and she's excited since she barely sees him.)

"I'm going to walk home now. It was nice talking to you." I started walking away but she grabbed my wrist. I winced slightly because of the pressure she was putting on the cuts I have on my wrist.

"Did I squeeze your wrist too hard,I'm so sorry." She said quickly. "It's fine, but what's up?"

[NATALIE'S P.O.V]

"Can I walk you home so we can talk a little more?" "Sure." She said she looked quite excited. We walked and talked until we stopped in front of her house. "Your house is nice Avery." "Thank you. And um thank you for saving me up there, y'know from killing myself." she said, looking down quickly. "No problem."

"Be careful walking home um..Natalie." "Thanks, I actually don't live too far from here, bye shortie." I said and walked away quickly. "I- um- okay bye."

I softly chuckled at her reaction to the nickname. Though she's a little dull, emotionless and hard to read, either way I think we'd be pretty good friends or acquaintances.

I had started down the street heading towards my house. Within that time I had looked down at my hand seeing a small spot of blood on my palm.

Huh...

I had looked at my arm and my fingers checking for any cuts but saw nothing. That's when it hit me. When I had grabbed onto Avery's wrists she must been injured or something like that on her wrist.

 When I had grabbed onto Avery's wrists she must been injured or something like that on her wrist