𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖐𝖊𝖗

[Natalie's Pov]

After practice I stayed at the gym and worked out for an hour. Sure it's a bit much but it calms me. I checked my phone realizing that Avery texted me back. Natalie um.. thank you for the note, I'm awake now I hope practice was good!  She's so awkward but it's kinda cute. 

I decided that I should probably text her back. Hey, practice was good! Are you gonna be able to hang tomorrow, you know after today? She immediately texted me back honestly it depends on how I feel in the morning. 

Hm...

Quick replies

I had grabbed the towel that was hanging on the opposite side of me. I wiped the sweat from her forehead.

I slipped my phone back into my pocket before grabbing my stuff eventually leaving the gym.

It was a bit chilly outside since I was in the cooling process. I had to unlock the car before getting inside.

I didn't get much sleep last night, my head was filled with thoughts. I'm worried about Avery, my father and mother are fighting again. Honestly, how did they get together? My dad usually isn't always around but apparently still lives with us. 

"Natalie, someone is here for you!" My brother shouted from downstairs greeting the person at the door. "What!?" I shout back grabbing an apple looking over Brandons shoulder to find Avery standing there awkwardly playing with her fingers as usual. . "oh! Hey! Feeling better I see?"  I questioned taking another bite of my apple. She nodded and I smiled, happy to hear she wasn't feeling so ill anymore. I decided I'd invite her in since I wasn't so sure on why she was here.  Brandon had shut the door shaking Avers hand.
"Hi, im Brandon, Nat's eldest sibling" I had scoffed in response hearing him being so kind raised a bit of something in me I wasn't entirely sure, but it wasn't pretty.
"Yeah , cool go be a gentleman to someone else"  I laughed lightly punching him as he went up the stairs.

Avery had shrugged at his sudden response just looking at him then back at me.
"Not by the slightest amused, but erm.. That was something?" She had pulled on her sleeves again with a weak smile.

"Well what brings you here? I don't think I checked my phone for any recent messages"  I had left my phone upstairs to charge completely forgetting about it "How irresponsible" my mother would always say.

I had eventually finished up my apple ,throwing it in the trash wiping my hands.

She stood there for quite some time staring at the floor then looking back at me scratching her arm before speaking.
" I honestly just wanted..."  she paused for a split second.
" I just wanted to stop by and see what was up, or if you wanted to possibly do anything?" she had dropped her keys on the ground awkwardly picking them up.
"Hah..."

Hm...

" I don't mind, we could go for a walk you seem tense–"
"I'm not! I swear!"  she put her hands in front of her waving them around as if she was declining a hug as she shouted then covered her mouth clearing her throat.

" ah, i'm sorry I meant um, hah Im fine, we can go for a walk"  she responded zipping up her jacket . 

That was weird.. 

 I decided not to think too much of the situation and had just  shrugged it off .

"Well where do you want to walk too?" she asked

  "The park?" I responded looking back at Avery who seemed to be quite interested in her staring contest with the wall. "Avery!" She jumped but quickly snapped out of it. "Hm, yeah what'd you say?" she said rather flustered "do you want to go to the park?" I repeated myself rather slowly so she could hear me. "Oh um yeah sure." We walked downstairs,into the living room. We were about to leave before I remembered my brother "Bye Brandon!" I quickly shouted so he knew I was leaving. "Bye Nat!" He shouted back at me.