Chapter 5 ~ The Entertainment

Chapter 5 – The Entertainment

     I had some extra time before I had to go with Johnny to the movie set, so I decided to make myself up. I straightened my hair, put on more makeup than usual, and used some of my favorite body spray all over my body.  As I was primping myself in the mirror, a sparkle from my chest caught my eye. The anchor necklace was still around my neck. I never took it off after Johnny put it on me and I never wanted to. I froze in the mirror, just staring at it with memories coursing through my mind, “I trust you. I am scared. I don’t know what to do”. These words weighed heavily on my mind now just as they did when Johnny told me them at the beach cove. I held the anchor pendant in my hand and forced myself to not cry. I wanted to make his heart feel safe with me, I didn’t want him to be scared. Hell, I feared falling for someone too, but I didn’t want him to feel that way too. I was trying to show him what to do but he kept pushing it away. Was it me? Was there something he didn’t like about me but didn’t want to tell me? I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I needed to figure this out because my heart was going full force ahead no matter how much I tried to not fall for this man. It was becoming impossible to ignore. 

     I headed downstairs and Maria, the housekeeper, told me Johnny was waiting out by the car for me. “Oh yay, more chauffeuring around.” I said sarcastically. Maria just smiled and went on her way throughout the main house. I opened the front door and found Johnny leaned against an electric blue Ferrari Spider, his arms crossed, his foot propped backwards on the back tire, giving me a satisfied grin, smoking a cigarette. Damn, this man was sexy! He was in simple attire, jeans and a black t-shirt with black sunglasses. “Ready to go?” Johnny said as he blew a puff of smoke out from his lips. “You’re driving?” Johnny came over to me and wrapped me in a hug. “I told you I would take you for a ride sometime.” Ugh! My mind went to another place then as it did now! “You smell good.” Johnny said as he nuzzled his head into my neck. I pulled him close. “Take off your sunglasses and look at me.” Johnny did as I asked. “Why?” “I love your brown eyes, your beautiful face, your…kissable lips…” I stared at his lips then back into his eyes. “Your eyes change shades of blue depending on your mood. It’s very hot.” I smiled and pulled him into my lips. I was determined to make him see he had nothing to fear. Johnny broke the kiss, his breath ragged. He cupped the side of my face, “Julie, I…” “Shh... it’s okay Johnny”. Johnny embraced me in a hug and walked me over to my side of the car. 

     We were heading down into the city towards the movie studio. It ended up being a warm, sunny afternoon. I loved Johnny’s car! Black leather interior and a retracted roof on the car and man, could this car go! I loved the speed, the adrenaline! Johnny had my hand in his during the ride. “Can I turn on the radio?” “Sure, go for it!” I found a station that was playing Usher’s “Yeah!” song. I turned it up and started singing along. Johnny kept looking over at me. “Not into popular music much?” “Not really, no. But don’t let that stop you from doing your thing!” Johnny laughed as he drove and looked over at me. I had an idea in my head. Let’s see what he does now, I thought to myself. I stood up in the car, holding onto the top of the windshield, letting the warm California breeze go through my hair. I started dancing and singing, “Yeah, Yeah!” Johnny quickly placed his hand on my ass. “What are you doing?!” I looked down at him and smiled. “Doing my thing!” I said as I continued my little escapade. Johnny continued to hold my ass; little did he know that’s exactly what I wanted. “You like the view from over there?” I said as I shook my rear as I danced. He was at a stop light and pulled his sunglasses down. “Yes, I do. But can you please sit down? As much as I’m enjoying watching this, I don’t want you to get hurt!”. “Oh, fine.” I sat down and gave him a quick kiss. “Thank you darling, you are too important to me, and I want to keep you safe”. That stopped me in my tracks. I was important to him, and he wanted to keep me safe! I kissed him again and held his hand until we pulled into the movie studio.

Could It Be?जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें