SUPERNOVA

┌───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────┐
SUPERNOVA
top gun: maverick
└───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────┘

noun (astronomy):❝a star that suddenly increases greatly in brightness because of a catastrophic explosion that ejects most of its mass

noun (astronomy):
a star that suddenly increases greatly in brightness because of a catastrophic explosion that ejects most of its mass.❞

☆.。.:*  .。.:*☆

CELESTE STERLING couldn't reach for the stars, so instead she skimmed the atmosphere.

An elite TOPGUN graduate, Celeste has paved her way to become one of the most skilled WSOs in the United States Navy, paired in brilliance with her twin brother Quincy as pilot. A decision that started out as Plan B for her de-railed dream of flying in space, it's still never quite enough for her personal standards. Celeste knows she belongs in the skies — all she needs to do is to prove it... but to who? Her family? Her commanders? Herself? She may never know.

Instead, Celeste pushes herself to be perfect in every way; except when it comes to him...

BRADLEY BRADSHAW had the rug pulled out from underneath his feet.

When Maverick pulled his papers for the navy academy, the betrayal scathed him like boiling water. How could he? The man he thought of as an uncle, maybe even a father. "Rooster" is left on edge, cautious — like the nickname, always waiting for the right moment that never comes. It only adds onto the wariness that comes with flying under the ghostly Bradshaw name, from the 'accident' in 1986 that took his father away. His habit seeps into his life outside aviation too, never quite confident enough to take a plunge when it matters most.

Bradley knows he does it, and he hates it; especially when it comes to her...

WHEN TOPGUN CALLS, the pilots flock, with no clue of the trials they are about to face. First and foremost, it brings old friends together, everyone from former TOPGUN classmates to childhood friends — the Sterling twins, the Bradshaw boy, Admiral Kazansky's son and the daughter of an air traffic controller all had each other's backs as kids. They come and go into each other's lives, and for Celeste and Bradley in particular, their connection runs deep. Still, the almost-lovers' paths never quite meet, always going parallel... until now.

     The deadly mission will test them all in a way no living pilot has known before. Like a supernova, the ones Celeste still looks to the skies and searches for, they may have to crash and burn before they can shine bright enough — the real question is, who will have the guts to fall first?

┊   ┊   ┊   ┊
┊    ┊   ┊  ✧・゚
┊   ┊    ✧・゚
┊  ✧・゚
✧・゚