[012] cosmo and rooster

┌───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────┐
TWELVE
cosmo and rooster
└───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────┘

┌───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────┐TWELVEcosmo and rooster└───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────┘

(gif above made by me)

☆.。.:*  .。.:*☆

"WHAT do you think about kissing?"

     Bradley isn't even sitting in a chair, but if he was, he'd have fallen out of it. The eleven year-old gapes at Celeste, sat across from him in the sand; she doesn't seem the slightest bit bewildered by the question she asked him. Blinking at her, he retrieves the yo-yo he dropped in the sand and continues rolling it up and down.

     "I don't know," he shrugs. "It looks kinda gross."

     "Have you ever kissed anybody?" Celeste interrogates him.

     Puffing his chest out a little, he rebukes, "Sure I have. Why d'you wanna know?"

     The girl nods curtly over to the couple in the sand — about a stone's throw away from them, Maverick has a new girlfriend he has introduced to the others, their lips locking every few minutes. Bradley has noticed that these women change every so often, a new face to get used to seeing, and he isn't sure how to feel about it. How does he decide which one is right for him? And why does he pick one, if he only just moves onto another girlfriend afterwards? Although he's only eleven years old, he figures he'll know exactly who is meant for him when the time comes... after all, for his mother, there was only ever one man, and Bradley hasn't seen her even try to fall for anyone else since.

     "Have you ever kissed anyone?" Bradley throws the question back at Celeste.

     "Nope," she shakes her head without a hint of insecurity.

     The two children inspect the scene from afar once more, scrutinising the quick peck on the lips between Maverick and the brunette on his arm.

     "I don't get what the big deal is about," Celeste thinks aloud, shuddering. "It looks... kinda sticky. Sounds like it, too."

     Bradley ponders this for a moment. "Well, it can't be that bad. People on TV do it all the time. It just means they love each other — it's like a secret signal, I guess."

     "Then what if I don't know how to do it?"

     "Huh?"

     "One day, if I'm gonna have to kiss somebody, I'm not gonna know what to do!"

     Bradley glances across at her. An idea occurs to him... a crazy one at that, but once he's thought it, he can't for the life of him forget it. Hold on... why is there an elephant stampede suddenly storming through his stomach? He rubs the sunburnt strip on the bridge of his nose, averting his gaze to the sand.