[007] the dream team

┌───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────┐
SEVEN
the dream team
└───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────┘

┌───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────┐SEVENthe dream team└───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────┘

☆.。.:*  .。.:*☆

CELESTE has received some unorthodox orders in her military career, but she thinks this one takes the cake. It was strange to begin with, Maverick informing all of the aviators to meet him at the beach outside The Hard Deck after lunch, and not in uniform. Out of habit and comfort, she still pushed her hair back into her military low-bun, but then opts for some cut-off jean shorts and a black tank top.

     She meets the other pilots where the tide greets the sand — most of the guys have forgotten the shirts entirely, with the notable exception of Bob, who hides modestly in a large yellow t-shirt. The other girls there have ditched their military hairstyles, Phoenix's hair in a ponytail whilst Luisa's falls in two braids down her back. Quincy adjusts his shades curiously, teasing Coyote about the 'poisonous jellyfish' in the water, while Ryan paces around restlessly.

     If Celeste didn't know any better, she would think this was a beach barbecue, not training for a high stakes mission.

     When Maverick finally shows up, he introduces the idea of today's exercise: Team Building. It has noticeably been lacking in their recent tasks, so he has abandoned all flying time for today in order to focus on it. And the activity in question?

A good old-fashioned game of beach football — dogfighting style. Offence and defence at the same time.

They split into two teams, one of them led by Maverick. Celeste finds herself teamed up with Bradley, with Phoenix, Bob and Lynx among her other teammates. Getting in her position, she digs her feet into the sea-soaked sand and ignores Quincy's chiding on the other side of the 'pitch' as she gets ready. The sun is setting, cutting a heavenly golden lining around the beach (but equally a blinding disadvantage for anyone faded towards it in this game, shades or no shades).

"You ready to take 'em down?" asks Bradley, giving her a playful nudge.

"I don't know," Celeste quips, "are you, Bradshaw?"

"You know me. I'm always your wingman."

     "Everybody in your positions..." Hondo, the designated referee, squats with great responsibility at the edge of the sand as the two balls are placed on the ground to begin with.

     "I finished High School so I could stop doing team sports," Celeste mumbles to herself, shaking her head. Bob is stood next to her and shares a sympathetic look that seems to say You and me both, my friend, but nevertheless he throws himself into the task.