Visitors

"I have some news," Tighnari tells you, his head on your lap as you stroked his ears next to a river.

"Good or bad?" You asked, pausing.
He sighed. "Well um..depending on your relationship with her.." Tighnari started.

"Huh? With who?" You asked. "You and Collei have been telling me about this Outrider girl, Amber." Tighnari continued.

"Wait, Amber? Really? What about her?" You asked, intrigued. "Is she your..close friend?" Tighnari asked back.

You chuckled a bit. "Are you..jealous?" You asked with a small smirk.

Tighnari started to get a bit flustered. "W-what?! No! I'm just curious," he mumbled.

You gently tugged on his ear. "Yes, she's my old friend." You replied reassuringly.

Tighnari sighed in relief. "Well, she's coming to see you and Collei." He muttered quickly.

You paused and let go of his ear, shocked.

"Wait..wait wait wait..really?! Oh my archons..I haven't seen her in years.." You started to bite your nails.

"Hey, don't do that." Tighnari said sternly, pushing your hand away from your teeth.

You smiled and continued to pet his ears, calming him a bit.

"So, when is she coming?" You asked. "Tomorrow. I heard the news from that Lisa woman I was telling you about," Tighnari replied.

"Oh, the twins told me about her as well," you remark. The fox frowned as he saw your slightly stressed face.

He stroked your cheek gently. "Promise me you won't get tensed." Tighnari commanded, looking straight at you.

You smiled. It was nice to see how much he cared for you. "I promise, Tighnari." You replied.

"Collei, time for patrol." Tighnari announced after the two of you got back.

"Ah, I'm on my way Master Tighnari!" Collei yelled. You saw her happier than usual face as she walked out.

"Hm, you seem cheerful," you remark with a smile.

"Oh, did Master Tighnari tell you? Amber's coming! I'm so excited to see her, it's been so long.." Collei told you enthusiastically.

You chuckled. "Yes, yes I heard. It'll be nice to see her face again," you reply.

"Hehe, yeah..I prepared a special gift for her as well! My special pita pockets," Collei said proudly.

"Oh, come to think of it, I should get her something as well..erm, anyway, you should go before Tighnari says something again," you tell Collei as she ran off happily.

You walked over to Tighnari's desk. "What'cha doing?" You asked.

"I'm examining this special type of starshroom, it seems to have been scorched," he replied.

Huh. I have no idea what you just said but it seems interesting," you remarked as Tighnari chuckled.

"So, what do you plan on getting that Amber girl?" Tighnari asked.