A Day Out

You and Amber had finished eating an hour before Tighnari got back from patrol.

You sent her off with a goodbye, still a bit stunned about what the girl had to say.

You planned to tell Tighnari, but you were somewhat worried about how he would respond.

"Oh! You're finally back! Are you okay? Did he hurt you? Did-"

"Don't worry. I'm fine, love."

"Wait-"

"Wait I didn't-"

"Hah! You called me love~" you pointed out playfully, fidgeting with Tighnari's ear.

"Mmm..you just won't let that thing go, will you? Besides, can't I call you what you are to me?~" Tighnari countered.

You started to turn red. "Damn it! You win again," you mumbled.

Tighnari chuckled. "Anyways, as expected, we didn't encounter him. Must've been scared, I presume." He remarked.

"I don't get it, why's he acting so scared? I know him, I remember how he used to fight.." you asked out loud.

"His reputation?"

"Oh..well, maybe. I suppose that makes sense.." you muttered.

"Don't stress," Tighnari said.

"Oh, by the way..um..would you like to head out to the city with me later?" he mumbled quickly.

"Huh? But..your ears.." you started.

Tighnari looked at you and sighed. "It's alright, besides, I have a surprise for-"

"Mr. and Mrs. Forest Watcher! Help!" You heard a high voice call from behind.

"Huh? What's wrong kiddo?" You asked, quickly rushing to her side behind Tighnari.

"F-Farid..he-he...he passed out.." she mumbled, tears rolling down her face.

"Where is he?" Tighnari asked, not sparing a second thought.

The girl started running, you and Tighnari trailed behind her.

She took you two to a small courtyard in front of a house, where, presumably, "Farid" was laying in, unconscious beside his mother who was attempting to wake him up.

"Preethi, stop crying. I'm sure he's fine, he's okay.." the woman beside Farid said.

"Forest Watchers! Oh thank goodness, this is Farid, he-"

"Yes, we can see he's unconscious. If you don't mind, please allow us to take him to our main quarters so we can help him accordingly," Tighnari said, cutting the lady off.

You nodded awkwardly from behind. "Ah yes, thank you, thank you!" Farid's mother said, lifting up Farid in her arms.

Tighnari held Farid and positioned him on his back.

"Are you okay carrying him on your own?" You asked.

Tighnari smiled at you. "It's fine." He replied.