An Important Day

"I..don't know how to say this, but..I-I'm just gonna put it out there..um, I like you.

Wait, no. That's too straightforward..hmm...I have feelings for you, and I get if you don't feel the same way, it's okay. It changes nothing.

Hmm..maybe that's better..okay. I'll tell her today evening, okay..I told her before, what's the worst that can happen?"

"Morning sunshine," you heard your boyfriend greet you, sitting at the side of your bed.

"Hm, that's a new one," you remarked with a soft chuckle, proceeding to stroke Tighnari's ears.

"Did Amber come around yesterday?" He asked, holding your waist.

"Oh. I forgot about that, she didn't come. It's okay though, she was spending time with Collei..it's okay," you told Tighnari, then to yourself.

He sighed. "I'll ask her again today. Chances are she probably forgot," Tighnari remarked, standing up.

"I was..also meaning to ask you something," he announced.

You looked up at him, standing up as well. "Is something wrong?" You asked, a bit worried.

"No, no. It's just..I've received a letter recently, I suspect it's from someone..familiar," Tighnari replied, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Oh..is it bad news?" You asked again.

Tighnari sighed. "How 'bout you get ready first? We can have breakfast next to that lake that you enjoy," he suggested.

Your mood immediately lightened. "Oh..! Okay, I'll go get ready. I'll be quick," you said before running off.

Tighnari grimaced.

"I promised I wouldn't let anyone hurt you.."

I promised.

You quickly ran back to Tighnari after changing your clothes and freshening up.

He smiled at you. "Ready to go?" He asked. You nodded with a smile.

"What would you like to eat then? I could make Mushroom Hodgepodge, just the way you like it if you wanted.." Tighnari suggested.

"Oh! Can I help? Pleeease?" You pleaded. Tighnari sighed.

"Alright, alright. I'm sure I have the ingredients, so just follow my instructions." He said, walking towards the kitchen as you followed.

"Okay, so first, I have a few mushrooms here. I would like you to slice them. I-If you're scared to handle a knife, I can do it-"

You chuckled. "Don't worry, I'll be fine. I work with weapons every day," you told him.

Tighnari stood behind you and held your hand as you held the knife, like how he guided your hand when you first tried to aim with a bow.

"It's okay, I can do it on my own-"

"I insist," Tighnari said, cutting you off. For the first mushroom, he held your arm and guided it to slice it.