The Alliance

She didn't know when the idea came to her, but she knew that she'd do it no matter what. She wondered if it was the stories her father used to tell her, or the actuality of what the school had dissolved to from when he had been there. All she knew was that she wasn't happy with what she was seeing, and was determined to change it. As she was nothing if not persistent and ambitious.

Lynette Ambrosius, a second year Slytherin, was a witch who knew what she wanted in life. Her greatest goal was the elevation and bettering of the British Wizarding World, and she knew the best place to start was the beginning of all English magicals' journey, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

She started writing up plans in a journal after her first week at the school, and continued perfecting them, deciding to start in her second year when she'd made friends to help her. During her first year, she managed to meet a lot of people and get to know them, but surprisingly the closest friends she'd made were from different houses. Rolf Scamander, Cho Chang and Katie Bell. They were the first mixed house group of friends in almost two decades.

Rolf was the perfect example of his house traits, a Hufflepuff who was kind and loyal to a fault, if a little shy. He had the same obsession over Magical Creatures as his famous grandfather, Newt Scamander (author of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them and the first British person to become a Magizoologist). Cho Chang was a Ravenclaw, and she made it pretty obvious. She was always carrying a book in her hand, could be found reading in her free time, and was the one to organize their study schedules and plan study sessions. But she also loved quidditch, was very ambitious about her future and was obsessed with Arithmancy, and with good reason too as she was very good at it. Katie Bell was very courageous and blunt, the perfect Gryffindor, she was obsessed with quidditch (and was often arguing with Cho about the English Quidditch Cup), and always had a smile on her face. She was also a Charms genius, she could probably beat a sixth year in a duel, and had a slight obsession with Muggle Movies, encouraged greatly by her Muggle-Born mother who took her daughter out to the movies once a month to see the latest movie. Then there was Lynette, a French-British Witch that descended from Myrrdin Ambrosius (who may or may not have been known by most people as Merlin), who had been the first member of her family and was a very important figure in the times of Camelot. She was a cunning and ambitious Slytherin who excelled at most types of magic but had a special love for Potions and Ancient Runes, but she would also display traits from all the other houses. She was kind and loyal to those she loved, she was intelligent and loved to learn, and she was brave in the face of danger (when it was needed of course, she wasn't stupidly brave and wouldn't just jump in front danger for just about anything like a Gryffindor, she had her Slytherin pride after all).

They were by far one of the weirdest friend groups in Hogwarts, each one from a different house and with completely different personalities but they just made it work. And even though there were friendships that were weirder –it was so obvious to her that Percy Weasley was friends with Oliver Wood and Marcus Flint, if only people were a little more observant- they were hidden from the student body. That was the unfortunate truth of the unspoken rules of Hogwarts, and it was sad to realize as there were so many people who were friends or liked each other but were afraid of showing it in public for fear of being shunned by their own house, who were supposed to be like their family. And that was the main thing Lynette wanted to change, so that there was unity in the school as opposed to the invisible borders that were there between each house.

And so, first week into her second year, after assessing the new first years as well as the others at Hogwarts, she approached her friends with her plans during the first study session of the year.

****

"This is insane Lynette." Cho was the one to surprisingly break the silence that had fallen after she'd explained her plans.

Mysteries That Spread (When The Alliance Takes Over)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara