The Chamber of Secrets

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft And Wizardry was known for many things, but one thing that everyone knew about the school was that it was full of mysteries. Some of its mysteries were magic related, the moving staircases being the biggest of these magical mysteries. Most of its mysteries, however, were among the student body. From students going missing, a student being in two places at the same time and even an unexplained death (poor Myrtle), something weird was always going on with the students. But perhaps the biggest mystery of all was Hogwarts' rumour mill, where one piece of information is spread so fast that it is known by the school's residents (that was made up of about a thousand students of various ages) in a matter of hours. What not many people knew, however, was that a certain group in each generation of Hogwarts students were the people that controlled the rumour mill to spread the information that they wanted to be spread.

In the year 1992, the group that was controlling the rumour mill was a group made up of students from each Hogwarts House, more commonly known by the student body as 'The Alliance'. While most people at Hogwarts don't know who the members of this group are, people know of their existence and their power over Hogwarts.

What was known about 'The Alliance' was that it was started in 1991, which made some people suspicious as it was the same year as Harry Potter -ministry appointed Boy-Who-Lived and all out kid hero- started Hogwarts. It includes people from every house, which makes it harder to pinpoint who started it, and members do not publicize that they are a part of the group, which is why it is known as one of Hogwarts' biggest mysteries, as it isn't even known how people found out about them. One day, whispers started going around about the group, but no one knew how the whispers started going around, or who, for that matter, started them.

***

"...And I was talking to Parvati and Lavender about The Alliance and they-" One Hermione Jean Granger was telling her two best friends, Harry James Potter and Ronald Bilius Weasley, about a conversation she had with two of her dorm mates when she was interrupted by Harry.

"What alliance?" Harry asked as he shared a confused look with Ron.

"Of course you two wouldn't know." Hermione said in exasperation with a roll of her eyes before she explained quietly "They're the most popular group in Hogwarts. No one knows who belongs to The Alliance but everyone knows they literally control everything at Hogwarts by controlling the rumour mill. Everyone also knows not to say something bad about them, as last time that happened the student who insulted them ended up in the hospital wing for two weeks, or so the rumour goes, though I don't believe that one."

"I don't really care. You sure they're even real and not made up?" Ron said slowly, not really caring about this alliance thing.

"Ah Ronnikins, it wouldn't do well to insult 'The Alliance'." Two voices said behind them in sync, causing the three to jump in surprise.

"Oi, you two! Stop that." Ron said to his older brothers who had appeared behind them out of nowhere.

"Why Ronnikins?"

"Do we scare you?" The twins, Fred and George Weasley, said one after another, finishing each other's sentence.

"N-N-No! It's just weird."

The two grinned at his stuttered reply before they took on a serious expression, which was extremely rare for the mischievous twins. "Seriously though, Ron, don't go around saying stuff like that or you might end up hurt by The Alliance, they are not people to mess with."

The fact that the statement came from the 'Prankster Twins of Hogwarts' spoke to how true it was, and caused a jolt of fear to go through the three, who nodded in acquiescence. The others, however, didn't notice the contemplative look that was on Harry Potter's face.