The End

As the years went by, Wizarding England started changing slowly but surely. With the Ambrosius, Malfoy, Black and Potter Families at the helm, with aid from Lord Slytherin, it was a sure fact that change was coming.

The Alliance members all graduated with high scores and ended up going into various careers, while also maintaining a close relationship. Hermione and Draco did end up dating and getting married at twenty three, after eight years of being together. Harry found his match in Susan Bones, who was the perfect mix of kind and fierce that he needed in his life. Neville got together with Daphne Greengrass a few months into their seventh year and the two got married five years later in a beautiful ceremony with family and friends in attendance. Neville found himself being related to Ron Weasley, who had matured in his sixth year and ended up falling in love with Astoria Greengrass. Cho and Cedric got married two years after Cho had graduated, having been in a stable relationship for years. Katie ended up falling for her best friend, Rolf Scamander, and they got married in their mid-twenties. Other couples include Luna and Blaise, who was one of the only people who had seen how special the blonde was and asked her out in his seventh year, Theodore Nott and Ginny Weasley tied the knot years after they'd gotten together, when Ginny had retired from playing Chaser for the Holyhead Harpies for four years and they decided that they were ready to start a family. Pansy Parkinson and Justin Finch-Fletchley had, surprisingly, gotten together after seeing each other Hermione and Draco's wedding, and were still dating, as they didn't feel that they were ready to settle down yet. What had surprised everyone the most, however, was Lynette Ambrosius's relationship with Quidditch superstar Viktor Krum, which had made everyone tease her for all the times Lynette had denied that they were anything more than close friends.

And this all brings us to this very day, The Alliance's ten year anniversary. They were all gathered at Hogwarts's room of requirement, after getting permission from Headmistress McGonagall, who had taken over from Dumbledore after he was removed in 1995.

Lynette looked over at those gathered, who were using this as a time to party instead of a hangout (thanks entirely to the Weasley Twins who had brought various types of alcohol to the gathering), and smiled in reminiscence of what had happened. After the Triwizard Tournament, which Cedric and Viktor had tied in for first place, people had realized that the Wizarding World had needed a complete overhaul. And so, after sending Dumbledore to a mental "relaxation" facility in Portugal as a 'Thank You' for all he'd done for the wizarding world (even if he was forced there), the Wizengamot took it as their main goal to re-examine all the country's laws, and fix the bigoted ones. That included re-writing the laws on Dark Magic and completely removing the laws on Knockturn Alley, as it had been left to rot for many years and needed a change, especially since a lot of children lived there and weren't allowed to attend Hogwarts. After that, it was determined that the current Minister, Cornelius Fudge, needed to be removed and replaced by a more competent person, thus Amelia Bones was voted in by the citizens of Magical England.

Those changes had been only the start of a wave of change that would hit the residents like a tsunami. This all took around five years to complete, but by the end everything on British soil that was magical had been either partially or completely changed. That included Hogwarts School, which got a complete overhaul of its curriculum and the subjects taught. Muggle Studies was given a new syllabus and a new muggle-born teacher and was made obligatory for the first three years for wizarding children, Divination was completely removed as an elective and would only be offered to those who showed that they had the seer ability. Other subjects were added, like Warding, Healing, and Alchemy, and a Wizarding Studies subject was created and made obligatory for muggle raised students in the first three years.

The Wizangamot had also not been exempt from the changes and now had three seats for representatives of Muggle-born citizens that would be voted upon every three years, as a way to help make those that weren't raised in magical communities to feel seen and heard. Thomas's plan to introduce the Muggle raised to magic early had also been implemented in 2001, where they would be sponsored by a magical family when they are ten, and taught by the family about the magical world. If they would like to stay with their families they would join the magical family for lessons during the week in the year before they attend Hogwarts and their house would be connected to the floo for easier transportation. If the non-magical family was deemed abusive in anyway, the child would be permanently transferred to the magical one. If a magical child's parents had passed away and they had no relatives to speak of, then they would be transferred to The Sphynx Orphanage, the magical orphanage Thomas Slytherin had established, using an old Slytherin mansion as basis of the building.

While there was still things that needed to change, the British Wizarding world had gotten so much better in the last ten years, and Lynette couldn't have been grateful for the change, knowing that when she had children, they'd come into a better world than she had lived in.

As she looked at the friends she'd made in her years at Hogwarts, she couldn't help but smile. Standing there with her three best friends by her side, she couldn't be happier with how her life turned out, even if she had gone through a lot of hardships in her youth and had needed to become a leader when she was a twelve year old.

"Are you four gonna just stand there?" Fred said, coming over to where they were standing. George followed right behind him and completed his brother's sentence.

"Or are you gonna join the party?" The two had thankfully found their other halves in Angelina Johnson and Alicia Spinnet, and couldn't be happier with the families they'd established, as the two women knew exactly how to calm their chaos.

The four looked at each other with matching smiles and joined the party, happy to finally be free to party without any darkness looming ever them.

Lynette looked at everyone and thought to herself 'This is the beginning of a beautiful life.'

--

And that's it! While I'm not satisfied with how this ended, I've gotten really busy lately and haven't had the time to write at all so I decided to just upload the ending I had in my drafts.

Thank you for sticking around for this and reading, truly this was just a self-indulgent fic, so if you enjoyed it, I'm glad.

Signing off,

K<3