The Purebloods Are In Control Now

"I cannot believe this, it seems the man Albus once was is no more."

The Ancient and Most Noble House of Scamander was a well-known and quite powerful Pureblood Family, with its current Lord bonded to a Black and his younger brother a very popular man among Wizarding kind. They were most known for their hand in ending the Worldwide Wizarding War against Gellert Grindelwald, and for supporting Albus Dumbledore in defeating him.

After every school year, the family makes sure to gather for both a formal meeting and afterwards an informal dinner for catching up.

This year's meeting, after the youngest had finished fourth year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, the family was gathered to discuss the recent events regarding Albus Dumbledore and their stance on the matter.

"I've been trying to tell you for years Grandfather, Dumbledore has let his fame get to his head and hasn't been as light as he used to be, which is why I suggested we move our alliance to the Grey Sect." Rolf Scamander, the youngest in the family, explained calmly to his dear Grandfather, Newt Scamander.

"I am inclined to agree with you Ro. After working at Hogwarts for the past few months, I've found that he doesn't do anything as headmaster and instead throws his work at his deputy, Professor McGonagall, and Professor Snape instead." Heir Castor Scamander said, nodding his head at his nephew's words in agreement.

"Is it truly this bad?" Lord Theseus Scamander, who had been Head Auror once upon a time, asked with a raised eyebrow. While he had never truly trusted Albus the way his brother had, he still had respect for the man and wasn't inclined to believe, although the evidence seemed to be staring right at him.

"Of course it's that bad." Lady Celeste Black-Scamander said with a roll of her eyes. "I've been trying to break this forsaken alliance since it was revealed he had a hand in the illegal incarceration of my Great Nephew, but you don't listen." Celeste was obviously very angry at the man, as even though she had helped him in the Magical World War, he had crossed a line when he sent her dear nephew to Azkaban without a trial. It was a very well-known fact that Blacks put Family above all else, and Dumbledore had crossed her by hurting her family and he needed to pay.

"And I'm sorry for not listening Darling, but I couldn't dissolve the alliance without concrete evidence, but now that we have it, I can." Theseus said calmly to his wife, trying to appease her as much as he could. While they had gotten married at an older age than most and had had their only son in their forties, they had still married for love, and he would do anything for his wife. He knew he should have listened to her, as she had always been the more politically inclined of the two, raised to be her younger brother's right hand as she was, but he couldn't without fearing repercussions on his great nephew, until now that is.

"I still can't believe he would do this." Newt said quietly, looking sad at the thought of the downfall of his mentor.

"But he, unfortunately, did and now we have to act according to that." Newt's Wife, Porpentina Scamander nee Goldstein, more commonly known as Tina by her family and friends, said in resignation, getting an agreeing nod from her sister Queenie. Because of her American upbringing, she had never agreed with the awe that Dumbledore elicited from the British, but she'd understood her husband's point of view towards the man. She was a woman of the law however, being Head of the Department of Aurors at the Magical Congress of the United States of America for a while made sure of that, so she understood the action that was needed and didn't really care about the man that much.

"Have to agree with Mum and Aunt Celeste on this one Dad. While I understand the respect you have for the man, I can't morally be aligned with him after what he's done." Alfred Scamander, Newt's son and Rolf's father, said, his wife Anabelle Scamander nee Macmillan nodding quietly from beside him, agreeing with her husband's aunt, as she was quite angry on her cousin Sirius's behalf (she was related to him through his grandmother, Melania Black nee Macmillan, who had been her aunt).