The European Schools Arrive With Surprises

And how right they were, 'The Triwizard Tournament'. They were bringing back the Triwizard Tournament of all things. And Bulgaria's Durmstrang and France's Beauxbatons, two of the largest schools in the World, were going to compete against Hogwarts for the title of Triwizard Champion. While they had set an age limit, where only those of age (are seventeen or older) will be allowed to submit to compete, the tournament was still known to be very dangerous and had been cancelled in the 1790s because a student had died.

Lynette was worried. While she wasn't worried for herself, as she wasn't of age and couldn't compete, she was worried about what this tournament would mean for the school and the students. She just hoped that everything would go well and that the trials would not be as life endangering as they were before. Luckily enough, Bartemius Crouch Sr was dismissed from his position as Head of the Department of International Magical Cooperation after his illegal incarceration of Lord Sirius Black, who was the current Baron Blackmore. They also had Ex-Auror Alastor Moody as the new DADA teacher, who had decided to stay at the school a little earlier at the request of the Board of Governors to check the security of the school before the tournament. So Lynette knew that the school was safe, she also knew that Tom Riddle wouldn't try anything, as he'd promised in exchange for the return of his almost full soul (the piece in Harry had been destroyed on its removal). But his followers still thought he was going to go back to being insane when he came back and were doing things that he would have approved of in his previous state of mind, as was evident by what had happened at the Quidditch World Cup Final, which was what had her so worried. So Lynette took out her wand and cast the Patronus spell, giving the Falcon that came out instructions on what to do, it seemed a meeting of 'The Alliance' was required.

****

The Alliance had grown since its first meeting, now including twenty three different members from different years and houses, with more casual members throughout the whole school. Those twenty three were now gathered in the room of requirement to discuss the tournament, sitting around a circular table with Lynette, Rolf, Cho and Katie sitting at each tip, with Lynette at the north of the table.

"Who's going to compete then?" Cho asked, looking at everyone.

"I will submit I guess." Cedric said hesitantly, drawing looks from everyone.

"If you don't want to compete, you don't have to." Katie said softly, getting nods of agreement from everyone else.

"I know but my father asked and it wouldn't hurt to try. If I get picked then I'll compete, if I don't then I don't."

"Well, it's your choice either way, but know that if you don't want to, then don't." Lynette said softly, getting a nod from Cedric.

"We will." Fred and George said at the same time, getting everyone to laugh.

"You won't be of age by Halloween." Draco said with a drawl, smirking at the two.

"A little aging potion and we will be." Their grins were contagious, as everyone doubted it would work but let them anyway.

"I think Angelina will submit." Katie said with a smile.

"A Gryffindor trying to compete in a life threatening event. What a strange thing!" Daphne said, sarcasm dripping from her voice.

"Adrian Pucey said he would as well." Theodore said.

"Any Ravenclaws?" Lynette asked, already knowing about Adrian's plan, and she knew a few other Slytherins would as well.

"None that I know of." Padma said, getting a nod from Cho and Luna in agreement.

"Well, we'll see what happens. But start getting your houses ready for the arrival of the other schools, we need to show a united front or else they'll use our division as a distraction." Everyone nodded at the Slytherin Queen's words, getting determined looks on their faces as they started planning.