THE MESSAGES

YURANI ALEKHYA

I rubbed my eyes as the strong light rays affected my now super sensitive eyes look like it will take time to adjust. Just then someone closed the curtains. I opened my eyes again this time more easily due to dim light. I blinked several times to focus my sight upon the person present infront of now closed curtains. Look like I never looked at my own bethroled properly till today. His cheeks are covered in slight stubbles and his moustache giving him the regal look of a Rajput Monarch. His features are sharp yet soft if he had the smile he has on his face at present. His eyes were twinkling with mischief and admiration. His eyes are most admirable trait. They are coal black just like mine.

"Like what you see Rani Sa ?" His husky voice permeated the morning air. No wonder girls fall for him like bees fall for nectar or ants race behind the sugar. He shook his head and let out a series of laughter. Water dripping off his slightly overgrown hair. They reached his ears now. "Breakfast is ready Rani Sa. I would be waiting downstairs." He said still chuckling and left the room. I found my gaze still fixed on him. It felt as if a spell is broken as he closed the door with a soft thud I came out off my daze. I felt my face grew hot. Why the actual hell I am staring at him like a creep. Cool down Alekhya, cool down. Deep breaths.

I chastised my sub consciousness and made my bed and took a refreshing bath and reached out for the cloths set out for me. It's the same. Loose breeches and shirt. I don't think anyone would ever find out what I am actually wearing under the heavy coats and cloak I will have to wear due to snow and not to mention the snowboots. I put them on and went down stairs. Entire lower level was permeated with the scents of spices and vegetables. It will be nice to eat something from Alwar or Devgiri for a change instead of soups or bread and butter or something which is not overall sweet or sour. No offense but food I ate here is too bland for my liking. I took a deep breath trying to decrypt the smell of spices.

Chillies, neem leaves, lemon, peanuts, haldi, jeera. "Pulihara." Jai said keeping the plate of lemon flavoured rice infront of me. I smiled at him and said a quick prayer as I devored each and every grain on my plate and barely refraining from licking my fingers. My stomach was full but my heart is asking for more. "Who cooked the rice it is very tasty ?" I teased Jai who scowled at me. "Your husband." He said a small smirk playing on his lips as he ate another morsel of the rice. Unlike me who straight up wolfed down everything he took his time to enjoy it. "No way. You know to cook ?" I asked trying to hide the gleefulness underneath a fake alarming voice. "From very young age. I use to cook my own meals at battlefields." He said as he took the plates away for washing as I sat their watching him work.

"So what's next ?" He asked me as he strode towards the chair infront of me. I leaned back and began to think. "I got most of my answers but I doubt you had got yours." I said knowing that we had only gotten half of the story out of them not the full account but even this half account is enough to proceed along. "True." He said as he kept his legs on the table infront of me. Before I can speak anymore a falcon-eagle bragged in the room by forcefully opening the wooden window. It sat on the table and shook it's feathers as the dry ice fallen off his gorgeous brown-black feathers. It forwarded a letter in Jai's direction. Jai smiled and petted his neck and took the letter from his beck. I watched calmly as his face contracted as he read the letter. Wordlessly he forwarded the letter to me. I frowned and took it.

Maharaj Jaivardhan,
We hope for your quick return. Some forces of utter motives are trying to attack our allied forces. Suryagadh and Devgiri are in deep power tormoil. Suryagadh had fought two major wars within the limit of six months by the time I had written this. I hope Yurani Alekhya is with you. Maharaj Arun is hell bent on finishing off Maharaj Ayudhik and had successfully cornered him by diplomacy. We have high doubts the monarch in Bhramagiri is changed as well and Vijay Sena had established their control over the forest of southern Bharatvarsh. We wait for your command.