chapter four: an unsettling joy.

I COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT THIS UNTIL I WATCHED THE ROSE DLC AND GOT A YEARS WORTH OF KNOWLEDGE KNOCKED BACK INTO ME-

(Y/n) POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I stand in the middle of the church, all I hear is a mix of silence and wind beating against the old walls. Nobody is saying anything, why is nobody saying anything? Did I do the introduction wrong..??

"Its..."
The tall woman mutters, not getting out a full sentence and instead rising from where she was sitting. Her size is twice, if not three times as much when she's standing.

With just one word, all the confidence and hope for the future seems to spill out of me at a moments notice. Why does she sound like that? Why did she act like that??

She slowly walks towards me like a curious cat would walk towards something it was weary of. I have no idea what to do or say anymore. Her expression is very odd, not like Mother Miranda's at all.

The tall woman reaches her hand out towards me and cups my face in it, her eyes are wide and she looks like shes about to faint. She puts both her hands on either side of my face, a small and quiet laugh finally breaking the awkwardness and replacing it with...a different kind of awkwardness.

"Mother Miranda, I...how did you do this?"
The tall woman asks, turning to Mother Miranda without taking her hands off me...she seems to like touching people.

"It was hard, I will not lie...They were hard to work with, but in the end it was a success and they had no reason left to suffer."
Mother Miranda states.

The tall woman stares at me, like I'm the best thing shes ever seen...like I'm a small dog in a shop window. Its extremely awkward, but seemingly only on my end. What did I do that made her react this way??

"Oh, you poor creature...it must have been terrible to experience all that you have. Are you alright...?"
The tall woman asks.

"Experience...what?"
I mutter, she seems to be taken aback, her hands slowly ghosting away from my face as she stares at me like I just said the unthinkable. Well, if I didn't mess up my introduction, I've definitely messed up this part.

"Alcina, you must understand that along with saving them...I had to make sacrifices."
Mother Miranda says.

"Sacrifices? Whatever do you mean, Mother Miranda...?"
The tall woman mutters, quiet yet still full of the same tone of voice she had when she was gawking over me.

"(Y/n)."
Mother Miranda calls. I turn to her at a moments notice, a good habit picked up after the time spend with only her to talk to.

"You will be escorted to Alcina's home, and until further notice you will stay there."
Mother Miranda speaks. A demand from her is rare, she often doesn't care about my choices or wishes...then again, not many choices were to be made in my previous home.

"Yes, Mother Miranda."
I reply, doing best to keep an outer appearance of calm...although, I'm absolutely bursting with excitement and anxiety. I get to meet my new family..but staying with one immediately without Mother Miranda's presence?

"Christ...I'll take the kid."
'Heisenberg says, standing up from the pew he was pouting on this entire time.

He only gets a few steps from where he sat, as Mother Miranda steps in his path. Its silent for a moment, before he begins to mutter and go back to his seat.

Mother Miranda turns to look at me, in doing so she gives me a warm smile I have grown accustomed to...Mother Miranda would never harm me, she knows what shes doing..she has all of this taken care of.

"Now, Alcina..I will call you every day in the late evening for a checkup with (y/n). if you fail to answer even one of these, I will not hesitate to place (y/n) in Donna's abode instead...you must understand the level of care they need."
Mother Miranda says, a cold tone lacing every word makes me curious as to why she feels the need to be hesitant in putting me in this woman's home...its safe, isn't it?

Isn't it??

"I undertsand completely...Thank you so very much for this opportunity, Mother Miranda."
The tall woman, Alcina, sighs. She seems unbelievably happy to have a stranger living in her home, She's either terrifying or lonely...or both.

"With that, this gathering is over. I will call the rest of you as well, you all have a part of play and I will ensure that this part is played well."
Mother Miranda says, her wings spreading out in a wonderful display...She never ceases to amaze me with things I have seen a million times.

With that, Alcina grabs my hand, which practically shrinks in comparison to her own, and begins to lead me out. The cold wind scratches on my sensitive skin the moment we leave the warm haven of the church.

"My dear...I am overjoyed that I have been given a second chance."
Alcina coos, looking down at me..wow, she really is tall..

Her adoring expression suddenly turns cold as she looks back up, squeezing my hand and making my thoughs switch from confused to concerned almost immediately.

"And this time, that heathen of a man will not ruin my family."
Alcina scowls.

...ruin her family? Who did that?

Karl POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jesus fucking christ...its them. They were...no, no that couldn't have been them. They fucking hate Miranda as much as I do, all they ever talked about was killing her and saving that kid...they looked so lost, fucking hell, what did she do to them??

"I'm overjoyed that you are settling into your normal routines again, though I do hope you continue your research against shortly."
Miranda says to the two fucking Frankensteins, who just nod along with her plans.

Sometimes I wonder if all of it was a fever dream, if those months were just a big daydream I had. (Y/n) and I killed those two fuckers, and then the day after my attempt to break this place down...both of them are just up and walking like nothing happened.

No doubt it was Miranda who did it. Maybe she found (y/n) too...christ, why do this to them? She couldn't have known it was them who helped me kill those two. Lady fuck-head wrote a note about how I kidnapped (y/n), and she blabs every single fucking though to Miranda...so what motive did she have in doing whatever she did to (y/n)?

"Heisenberg."
Miranda calls, I snap out of it and look at her...God, creepy fuck.

"Yeah?"
I hum.

"I trust you will know your place in their path this time."
Miranda mumbles. I just stare, what else can I do? I'd like to call her a fucking bitch and end her shit life here and now. Fuck her.

"..yeah. Sure."
I sigh...back to being the yes man to this bitch.

"Very good...I'm counting on it."
Miranda says, and with that, she turns and leaves the church.

The other two leave, and soon it starts snowing from the hole in the roof of the church. I don't leave...not yet. I need a fucking minute.

...Miranda did something, she's planning to use them for...something, that much is clear. I need to get them out of that bloody hell-hole they just got dragged off to, but I did that exact thing already, all four of those vampiric horror-shows will be looking out for it.

...but I can't leave them there, not with the Dimitrescus or any of the other Lords that they might get sent off with. Miranda can't have hold on them, so I need to find a way to get them again before Miranda does whatever she's fucking doing.