I Am Not A Freak! {{2}}

When I woke up, I saw my Momma's face hovering over me. She looked pale, concerned and her face was wet with her tears that run down her corn flower blue eyes.

" Momma?" I croaked softly.

" Honey, what happened? And what's that crescent mark on your forehead? " Momma asked, she looked terrified and at the same time anxious.

I was about to open my mouth to say something when Tristan, my boy friend, Yeah! my boy friend came into view.

" Rylie? Aree you feeling better now? " Tristan said.

" Yes. " I whispered and I began to cough. Then i choked and coughed more like a dying, sick person. 

" Are you alright, Ryles? " Momma asked, she was looking more pale by the second.

" Guess so. " I answered shortly before coughing my lungs out. My eyes were watery and I felt weak and helpless.

" Rylie, sweetie, you have to tell Mom what had happened to you. " Momma insisted as she took a glass of water on my bedside table and drank.

" It was just me and Tristan talking, by the way Mom, he's my boy friend now. " I paused and see Mom smiled a little at me and he patted Tristan who was sitting on my bed. Tristan smiled warmly at her and their attention went back to me.

" Then? " Mom asked.

" Then a man clad in black burst inside the classroom, pointed his finger at me and said something like...house of night, and..and..the death of me...would also be..the birth of me.. " I stuttered and Mom leaned in closer to understand what Im sayin.When I was done, she gasped and stared wide eyed at me.

" Why Mom? " I asked innocently.

" You have to go to the House of Night! " Mom said.

I arched up my eyebrows and repeated the words Momma had said.

" House of Night. "

" That's right sweetie. "

" What's in there? "

" Sweetie, it's a vampyre finishing school. You have been marked and you are now a fledgling. " Mom said. 

I was shocked and very surprised at what my Momma had said. Tristan was looking at her like an utter moron. Trying to process what momma had said in his brain.

" How did you know? " I asked mOmma but she just turned her back from me.

" Momma! " I called after her but she already walked away from my bed and proceeded to my closet then she took out my clother and all of my things and a huge bag. She began to throw my things in the bag. And I could tell that she was crying.

" You should break up with your boy friend now Rylie. You are not going to see him anymore anyway. " Momma said in between sobs.

" No! " I protested and glanced at Tristan who was looking down on his shoes.

" You have to do it sweetie. You're going to attend to that school. "

" NO, I WONT! " I screamed.

Momma rounded on me, her eyes were puffy and red. She looked pained and hurt.

" You have to Rylie. " Momma said.

" Or else you'll die. " tristan finished for her. 

Mom and me stared at Tristan with our mouths hanging open.

" How did you know, Tristan? " Momma asked him.

" My sister was Marked once, when I was ten. We brought her to the HOuse of Night and the High Priestess in there said that it was good we brought her there after days of arguing whether we should submit her to the house of night or not becaus if not..she will die. " Tristan said in a rush.

" Why didnt you tell me? " I asked.

" It's too complicated. " Tristan said simply.

I quieted and stood up from my bed. And realized that Im not going to see my brother anymore. My brother, Carson. Who was going to come home for the holidays. I sniffed and bawled my eyes out.

" Carson! Momma, I want to see my brother Carson before I left. " I yelled.

I was heart broken.

" Sweetie, you can't. " Momma protested. Another bucketful of tears were forming around her eyes.

I slumped on my bed and shrugged. That's when tristan stood up from my bed and walked over to me.

" I'm breaking up with you Rylie. We are not meant for each other. I'm a human and you are now a fledgling." Tristan's words stung on me.

" Tristan.. " I cried.

" Sorry Rylie.But  don't forget that a part of me will always remember you and love you. Okay? " Tristan said.

I realized Momma was not in the room.

I accepted what was happening so I stood up. 

" Okay. " I croaked and I pulled tristan's face closer to me and I kissed him lightly on the lips.

" Okay. That feels better. First kiss with a human. " I teased him and he broke inot a smile and thne he embraced me. 

" I'm leaving now Rylie. Good bye. "

" Bye Tristan. I will always l;ove you. " I said after him as he went out of my room.

Momma went hurriedly inside my room and barked off at me.

" Get inside the car now. We're going to the House of Night. NOW. "

I nodded absentmindedly at my Momma and went downstairs.

So, I guess... I'm a freak like Carson, my brother, now.

CRAP.