➤ PROLOGUE

— [NAME] GRINDED HER BOW against the delicate strings of the wooden violin, her fingers pressed on the edges skillfully as her best friend, shigeko, was gasping in amusement, gawking elegantly about how talented her best friend was, feeling a surg...

[NAME] GRINDED HER BOW against the delicate strings of the wooden violin, her fingers pressed on the edges skillfully as her best friend, shigeko, was gasping in amusement, gawking elegantly about how talented her best friend was, feeling a surge of pride for her best friend. her teacher, mr. haru was impressed by how skillful the girl is. [name] finished her music sheet with a beautiful smile as mr. haru clapped his hands in delight.

"such a majestic and marvelous act! the most brilliant play i had ever witnessed!" he exclaimed brightly as [name] could only blush a bit in embarrassment. [name] could only have a small smile tugging on her lips as mr. haru clasped his pale hands together. "now then! violin extracurricular is finished, before that, let us state a closing prayer and you all are dismissed."

after muttering a small prayer to the whole class, students in the music room dashed out in an eager manner, yearning for a nap or a snack in the nearby convenience store. [name] and shigeko sauntered towards the exit of the school. "you were phenomenal! such grace and elegance could only allow little to witness, your brilliancy should've made it known to the whole world!" shigeko beamed luminously at [name] as she linked her arms with the [h/c]-headed girl.

[name] smiled happily at shigeko. "thank you, i bet you'd do much better than me, shigeko, you'd be a more remarkable exception on the violin than me," [name] said happily as shigeko hummed, clinging on to her best friend's side tightly. "i wouldn't if you're not here with me," she remarked, making [name] feel a familiar warmth soaring through her heart from the inside.

the both of them walked silently, side by side. takushiya shigeko was a clingy girl, and rather a social butterfly. her elegance and her talent in the violin is outstanding, though [name] surpasses her in it. she was known for her bright personality, and somehow, she made friends with the quiet girl, kiyoshi [name].

it was odd, really, because the two were the polar opposites. one is always blank and quiet, and the other is always happy and loud.

a familiar silence fell in the atmosphere as the clicking of their mary jane shoes. "what do you think about butterflies, [name]?" shigeko asked suddenly, trying to break the comfortable silence. "butterflies?" [name] trailed off silently before tapping her chin thoughtfully.