Chapter 1

"I'm sorry but he's quirkless," the doctor said while pushing back up his glasses. He went on about how and why to the young boy's mother but Izuku wasn't listening. He dropped his All Might figurine onto the floor and thought about how he was going to be a hero.

"Thank you doctor," Inko said before picking up Izuku's toy and grabbing his hand. She thought about what she was going to tell his father and how he was going to react. She buckled Izuku into the car before getting into the driver seat and driving back to their house, she stared at Izuku through the rear-view mirror. The young boy was silent and just stared intently at the floor as if he was ashamed. Sighing, Inko looked away and hummed a small tune she used to sing to Izuku when he was younger. 'God help me please.' Inko thought to herself.

As soon as Inko opened the door to their apartment, Izuku whizzed past her and went to his room. A man who was sitting on the coach, watched as the boy rushed past him and into his room. He raised his eyebrow and turned to his wife who was sadly staring at the hallway.

"What's wrong?" Hisashi asked as he turned to fully face his wife.

"He's," Inko had to pause as she felt her eyes tearing up, "he's quirkless."

Hisashi stood up suddenly and made his way to his son's room. He approached it and knocked on it, quietly calling out his son's name. Getting no response, he gently pushed the door open a little bit and looked for his son through the small crack. He saw the small boy sitting at his desk in his room and sighed. He pushed the door open fully and then walked into his room.

"Izuku," Hisashi said. Upon hearing his name, Izuku turned and his eyes was filled with tears. It pulled at Hisashi's heart strings and made him tear up a little bit.

Izuku pointed at his computer screen and choked up a bit as he said, "Do you think I can still be a hero dad, like All Might?"

The older Midoriya honestly didn't know what to say so he pulled his son into a tight hug. He ran his hand through his son's hair and then chuckled dryly at how tangled it was. He felt Izuku's tears soak through his shirt and his son's chubby hands gripping his shirt tighter as the young boy cried harder.

Sniffling, Izuku laid his head on his fathers chest and asked, "Can I still be a hero dad?"

Sighing, Hisashi laid his head on Izuku's head and replied, "You can be anything you put your mind to."

Izuku moved his head and looked up at Hisashi before asking through sniffles, "Really?"

"Really," Hisashi replied and then held Izuku's small face in his hands and smiled down at him whilst wiping the tears of his face. Izuku gave the older male a small smile before snuggling into his father once more. The two stayed there for a while, the silence in the room being filled with Izuku sniffling.

Inko stared at the sight in front of her and a small smile spread across her face. She then walked off to the kitchen to start on dinner. 'Thank God for Hisashi, what would I do without him?' Inko thought to herself.

A/N: Sorry this was short, I hope you enjoyed this chapter tho.