Chapter 7

Izuku slowly opened his eyes as he awoke to the smell of food. He slowly got out of bed and made his way to the door, pressing his ear against it. He could hear the faint sound of something cooking. Hesitantly, he opened the door and went in the direction of where he could smell the food was coming from. As he made his way down the corridor, Izuku held his hands to his chest and tried to be as quiet as possible as to not alert the man.

The hallway was very different to the facility Izuku was held captive in, for examples the walls were brown instead of white. The floor was carpeted the same colour as the one in the room he was in, just that there was no pattern unlike the facility were it was concrete grey and cold. The new place he was in was also warm and welcoming unlike where he was before which was cold and discomforting.

Finally, Izuku arrived at the kitchen and he stood at the entrance, not knowing whether or not he should go in. He peered inside and saw the man who had saved him at the stove, humming as he worked on a meal.

"Sir," Izuku said. His voice was quiet as he was worried the man would get angry if he spoke to loudly or for being there at all.

"Oh, you're awake," the man smiled and walked towards a table where he served the food onto two plates, "come and eat."

Cautiously, Izuku made his way to the table and sat down before looking down at his feet. The older male sat down as well and began to eat but stopped upon realizing Izuku wasn't doing the same.

"You can eat you know, I'm not going to hurt you if you do or don't."

Izuku looked up and the man smiled at him, it looked genuine and put a small smile on Izuku's face who gathered up the courage to begin eating. The green-haired boy gobbled down the food, he hadn't tasted something so delicious in a long time and on top of that it was a big portion which Izuku rarely ever had the pleasure of having.

Izuku's saviour watched as the small boy devoured the food as if he hadn't eaten in years which he doubted the boy had. He sipped his glass of water in contrast to the small boy in front of him who was chugging down his. He watched intently as the child put the glass on the plate and wiped his mouth with his sleeve before  looking down again and playing with his fingers. The older male sighed as he picked up their dishes and went to the sink. He had to ask the kid a few questions and felt it would be easier for the kid if he wasn't watching him so he started washing everything in the sink.

"So kid, what's your name?" The man asked.

"Midoriya, sir, Izuku Midoriya," Izuku replied in a soft tone.

"Do you know your parents' name?"

"No sir."

"How old are you Midoriya?"

"Seven years old sir."

The man stopped what he was doing and clutched the sponge in his hand. The sound of water running reverberated through the room as the two males went silent. A lump grew in Izuku's throat as he worried he did something wrong, resulting in him picking at his nails and his eyes glossing up.

Finding some courage in him, Izuku asked, "Did I do something wrong sir?"

"No," the man replied and started washing again, "not you. You didn't do a single thing wrong."

That put Izuku's mind at ease and he stopped picking at his nails. Releasing a small cough before the room feel into silence again, the only sound being heard was dishes, pots and cutlery being put away.

"Do you remember your birthday by any chance Midoriya?"

"Yeah, it's July 15th."

The man closed the cupboard and walked towards Izuku. He told the small boy to follow him and waited at the entrance of the kitchen for the child to get up and follow him. Izuku's saviour gave the green-head a tour of his apartment, telling him where everything was before finally coming to rest in the sitting room.

"Why are you telling me this?" Izuku questioned, he doubted he would need any of this information.

"It's cause you'll be staying with me for the foreseeable future," the man replied. He grinned at the boy and ruffled his hair before sitting on the coach.

"Ok," Izuku whispered before sitting next to the man.

"One last question buddy and you don't have to answer it if you don't want to but, how did you end up in that place?"

Izuku pressed his fingers into the palm of his hands as flashbacks of his fifth birthday played through his mind. He began to hyperventilate, his vision blurring and more memories began clouding his mind. Shortly after, Izuku felt someone embrace him and rub circles on his back, whispering in his ear that he was going to be ok. The seven year old calmed down a bit and took in a deep breath before telling the man everything that had happened that day. From the fact that it was his birthday to how someone had crawled through his window and abducted him. The young boy began crying heavily and gripped the man's clothes as he buried his face in the crook of his neck.

"It's ok," the man continued to rub circles on Izuku's back, "while I'm alive, no one is going to hurt you."

The man continued to comfort Izuku until he eventually calmed down. A few minutes after that, the man turned on the TV and allowed Izuku to put it on something he would like to watch. The young man picked up the blanket that was hanging on the side of the sofa and wrapped it around the two of them before watching the film that Izuku had picked.