Chapter 9

"Here's the key and here's a phone, if anything happens call me okay," the man said. Izuku nodded his head and the man smiled. He ruffled Izuku's hair and then left to who knows where, certainly not Izuku.

After a couple hours of watching TV, Izuku became very bored. He contemplated going outside but the man had told him not to do anything stupid. However, it certainly couldn't be stupid if he gave him keys and a phone. With that Izuku packed a small bag, filled with his notebook, some pens and snacks before setting out into the outside world.

𝓣

Izuku had made a very stupid mistake. Whatever possessed him to think he could go outside by himself was cruel, very, very, cruel. It was really loud causing him to cover his ears. His eyes kept darting around and he tensed up whenever someone got to close, scared that he'd be kidnapped again. When someone had accidentally bumped into him, Izuku freaked. He had screamed and almost cried; when the stranger approached him to apologise, he ran away. That's when Izuku had decided that he had tortured himself enough and began to walk to the nearest bus stop to catch a bus back home when suddenly,  there was a loud bang.

Izuku covered his head and was shaking uncontrollably. He looked up to see that a battle between a villain and hero was taken place. Completely forgetting that he had wanted to go home, Izuku took out his notebook and began to write. He wrote down information on the hero and the villain, what their quirks could be and the strengths and weaknesses. He analysized the battle noting down when one could've beat the other and how. Izuku was completely lost in thought and hadn't realized how long the battle had taken until he opened the phone the man had given him to read the time. 5:00pm. After reading that Izuku instantly rushed home.

𝓣

The young man had searched everywhere and Izuku was nowhere to be seen. He had feared the boy had been kidnapped again when he didn't see him when he arrived home. He picked up his phone and was about to dial the number of the phone he had given to Izuku when the door opened. The man turned quickly to face the door and gave out a sigh of relief when he saw it was Izuku.

"Where have you been?" The man asked and inspected Izuku's face. It was mostly grime and dirt but there was bit of blood which made the man worried.

"I went outside and there was a villain attack!" Izuku replied.

"And you're not hurt?"

"No."

"Feel sick?"

"No."

"And no one creepy approached you?"

"Yes."

"Ok, thats good," the man let out a sigh, "I was worried, you know, I thought, I thought something bad had happened to you."

The man felt himself choke up and Izuku could hear it in his voice. The young boy immediately hugged the older male and began to profusely apologise.

"I'm sorry, please don't cry," Izuku whispered into the man's ear who hugged him even tighter.

"Ok, I won't cry, I promise," The man replied and released Izuku from his grasp, "now, go get cleaned up so I can start on dinner."

"Ok," Izuku said and wiped the few tears that had fallen down his face. He then went to wash up and change into some new clothes while the man went to start on dinner.

𝓣

When Izuku stepped out of his bedroom, he couldn't believe what he was smelling. Katsudon. He knew it had to be that as it was his favourite meal. His mother had made it for him a lot before the diagnosis, after that he never smelt katsudon again, until now.

The green head ran to the kitchen, mouth agape when he saw it was truly katsudon sitting there waiting for him.

"No way."

"What's wrong?"

"You made katsudon."

"What's wrong with that?"

"Nothing! It's amazing actually."

Izuku quickly sat down and began to eat his food really quickly.

"Slow down or you'll choke."

"Sorry."

"It's ok."

They then ate in a comfortable silence until the man spoke up.

"What did you do outside?"

"I decided to explore which was really scary but then the villain attack happened which was exciting and I got a bunch of analysis down from it."

"Really?"

"Mhm."

"Can I see?"

"Sure."

Izuku stood up from his seat and went to retrieve his notebook. He handed it to his saviour who read over it.

"These are really good."

"Really?"

"Yeah, maybe one day you could sell these and help heroes improve with their powers."

"Really?"

"Really."