Chapter 5

Izuku's eyes opened slowly and he gasped at the sight. He flung the covers of himself in disbelief but quickly wrapped the thick duvet around his body as he became aware of how cold it was. The five year old looked around the completely white room and rubbed his eyes, hoping that this was all just a dream and he would wake up. The sound of a lock clicking resonated throughout the room so the small boy dived underneath the covers.

The green-head heard the door opening so he closed his eyes, held his breath and hoped that whoever it was would go away. As he heard footsteps move towards him, Izuku squeezed his eyes together more and tried telling himself happy thoughts and this was all just a dream to stop himself from shaking. The covers were ripped of Izuku's body and he tried hard not to shiver as the coldness took over. He laid still as he felt someone's breath on his neck before moving away.

"I know you're awake," the voice said, Izuku didn't react incase the man was lying,  "we have a cameras in here and motion sensors so we saw and know you were moving."

Not knowing what to do, Izuku sat up and looked at the man. He was dressed in a doctors coat, had brown hair and green eyes. The man smiled at Izuku but the young boy didn't return it, instead opting to glare at him.

"Why am I here?" Izuku asked.

"You're going to be an experimented on for the greater good of this nation," the doctor replied.

"Why, why me?"

"Because you're quirkless so you're practically useless, a waste of space and time. You're good for nothing my dear boy but atleast while you're here you'll be able to actually serve a purpose."

The doctor ruffled Izuku's hair before exiting the room. Izuku released the breath he was holding as tears ran down his face. It's ok, it's all going to be ok, he told himself. The five year old went back under the covers telling himself silently that it was all going to be alright and that help would be there soon.

𝓣

It had been four weeks since Izuku's disappearance. Hisashi paced in front of his phone, waiting for the call from the police. They had said that they had found something and would call to inform them about it. Inko sat down on the couch mindlessly playing with her nails as she to waited for the phone to ring. The ringtone cut through the silence and Hisashi picked up the phone in haste and put it on speaker.

"Mr and Mrs Midoriya,"the detective said.

"Yes," Inko replied.

"I'm very sorry for your loss," the detective spoke.

"What do you mean?" Hisashi asked. He didn't want those words to mean what he thought they meant.

"Izuku, he's dead," the detective answered. Hisashi dropped the phone and slumped onto the floor. The detective continued to talk but it just went in one ear and out the other.

"Thank you detective," Inko said before hanging up.

"I can't believe it," Hisashi said.

"He was so young," Inko uttered. The two of them looked at each other before the tears began to fall. They hugged each other and didn't speak. They stayed like this for a while until night fell and they finally decided to get ready for bed. As they laid in bed together, holding each other, Inko kept telling herself that what she did was going to be worth it in the long run.

𝓣

Izuku was pulled out of bed and was grabbed harshly by his wrist. He began pulling against the female doctor, attempting to wriggle out of her grasp. Upon realizing that Izuku wouldn't move on his own, she begins to drag him. Izuku yanks his hand backwards and screams in attempt to make her let him go.

They pass through multiple steels doors and Izuku's cries don't falter. As they pick him up to put him on the experiment table, Izuku kicks and punches. He continues to kick and wriggle around as they try to put the restraints on him. When they finally restrain him, the doctors put a mask on his face which makes him semi-conscious as they begin to inject him with needles and cut his skin open.

Many hours pass before Izuku is taken back to his room. His whole body except for his head is covered in bandages and everything hurts. The doctors told him that because he was being a bad boy, they wouldn't give him any painkillers. After being dumped on the bed and hearing the sound of the door locking, the green-haired boy began to cry. He cries loudly and doesn't care if they can hear him cry. He cries for a long time before slipping into a deep sleep.