Chapter 2

"I can't go to school today I'm sick," Izuku cried as he burst into his parent's room with his All Might toy and blanket in hand, "my head hurts and my throat is scratchy and, Oh my goodness, I might faint."

The green haired boy put his hand over his head and dramatically fell onto the floor. Hisashi chuckled and Inko sighed. Hisashi called out, "Izuku get up now, we know you haven't fainted."

When he didn't move, the young boy's father laughed and he walked over to his son on the floor and began to tickle him. Izuku began to laugh and wiggled as he begged his dad to stop. Hisashi stopped tickling Izuku after a few moments and took in some deep breaths before saying, "Well, it seems that I've cured you."

Izuku sat upright with a look of utter betrayal on his face before standing up begrudgingly and making his way out of his parents' room. Inko sighed again as she told her husband that she'd get the boy ready for school and then promptly left the room.

𝓣

"Do I have to go to school?" asked Izuku as he twiddled with his fingers and looked up at his father.

"Yes you do," Hisashi replied and took a glance at the four year old through the rear view mirror. He had sat back in his chair dejectedly and was picking at his nails. The usual smile he wore on his face was replaced with a frown and it tugged at Hisashi's heart strings.

"How about this, tomorrow I'm off work and we can go out meaning you don't have to go to school," Hisashi said as he looked at his son once more through the rear view mirror and the frown on his face was replaced with a smile, "is that a yes?"

"Yes! Thank you dad!" Izuku exclaimed as he opened the car door and ran out. He waved goodbye to his dad before making his way through the school gates.

"I can do this, I can do this," Izuku mumbled. He held onto his bag straps tight and kept his head down as he made his way through the school building. Once he got to the door of his classroom he took a deep breath and walked in.

"Izuku!" a voice cried out and the green-head flinched. Turning, he saw his best friend looking at him expectantly and oh how he wished he could run away but alas, he was already caught.

"Hi Kacchan," Izuku mumbled as he made his way to his seat.

"So what is it?"

"What is what?"

"You're quirk stupid."

"Oh," Izuku dreaded that Kacchan would ask that and he wanted so desperately for the ground to swallow him whole.

"It's um," Izuku started but was saved when his teacher came into the room and told everyone to take a seat. He let out a sigh of relief  as he watched his best friend scurry over to his desk. His eyes lingered for a moment on Kacchan's back as he wondered how he'd take the news.

𝓣

Kacchan did not take the news well. Him and his 'friends' beat up Izuku with their quirks until the teachers told them to stop and scolded them. For the rest of the day at school they threw notes at him with mean words on them and Izuku felt like crying. When they were dismissed from class, he made a beeline to his mum's car.

As he sat himself in the backseat, he started to cry silently as his mother drove them home. His mum didn't say anything in the car or when she picked him up and he cried even harder and probably got some snot on her clothes or when she set him down in his bed. He cried not only because all his friends had turned on him but also because he no longer received his mother's comfort. It hadn't even been a day and she was already acting cold to him and that just fuelled his tears. Izuku soon cried himself to sleep, his only source of comfort being his pillow.

As Inko listened to Izuku's crying, she couldn't help but feel sympathy for the boy but she couldn't go in and comfort him. Whenever she was around him all she felt was disgust and the desperate need to get away from him. So that's what she did and continued on her way through the house until the crying died out. She peeked into his room and smiled when she saw he was asleep and then went to go start on dinner.

𝓣

As Hisashi made his way through the door, he expected to be met with a hug and was confused when he saw his wife alone on the couch.

"Where's Izuku?" Hisashi asked and Inko pointed in the direction of the hallway before saying he was in his room. Hisashi knocked on his son's door and frowned when he heard a small 'Come in'. His son's face was puffy and his eyes red. As Hisashi sat down on the bed he noted that the pillow was wet.

"What's wrong?" Hisashi asked as Izuku hugged him tightly.

"They were mean," Izuku mumbled.

"Who were mean?"

"Kacchan and his friends," Izuku's voice quavered, "they beat me up with their quirks and wrote mean stuff about me."

Hisashi saw red and he knew exactly what he was going to do after this but he focused on his son instead.

"It's ok, it's all going to be ok," Hisashi cooed as he hugged his son tighter and rubbed circles on his back. He then picked him up and walked to a bag that was lying on the floor. Afterwards, Hisashi set Izuku and himself on the floor next to it and motioned for his son to open it. Izuku was hesitant at first but opened it anyway. A smile grew on his face as he looked inside. The young boy then took out the light brown teddy bear and his smile grew even bigger as he read his name on the shirt.

"Is this really for me?" Izuku asked unsure and turned to look at his father.

"Yes it is," Hisashi and he smiled as his son hugged the teddy tight and thanked him over and over again.