Ch. 1

HEY.
I wanted to simp over Shadow again, so here we fuckin' go lmao.
But instead of just one comfort character, I get to include more!
Worry not, "A deal with a Demon" is still ongoing.
This is kind of experimental?
I might not even finish it!
Or at least be slow with it.
Yeah!
I also get to include Rouge again whom I love and adore, bless her.
Always got Reader's back.
A real friend.
I'm here for it.
Anyway!
Onwards I suppose!
And I hope you'll enjoy this!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You'd always been a spoiled child.

From the second your parents found out you were going to be in their lives, you were spoiled.

Your mother was only given the finest of foods, to ensure your healthy growth, and when you were finally born, they were instantly smitten with you, your father in particular.

He promised to give up his life for you as he held you close, and pressed a kiss to your forehead, causing you to squirm in the blanket you were wrapped in.

You grew up, a healthy child, though there was one thing making you different from most others.

You were not mortal.

You were a demon, living in a dimension far from what your father called 'the mortal realm'.

You'd always been fascinated with this 'mortal realm', though your father forbade you from going there.

Even if you were allowed, you'd no idea how to get there.

You knew he just wanted to keep you safe, but... you were desperate for adventure.

New surroundings, new experiences, and new people!

Alas, you were stuck here.

A prisoner in your own home.

Sighing as you sat on your bed, you stared at the book before you, bored of it.

You wanted so much more.

You were immortal!

Your eternal life shouldn't be spent like... like this.

Sure, you loved and adored your parents, but they really ought to not trap you like this.

You just wanted to be... free.

You wanted to find out about mortals, and the more your father told you you couldn't go, the more you wanted to go.

So, finally making up your mind one day, you managed to sneak one of your dad's books while he was away, doing lord knows what.

You knew he did bad things.

You'd seen it.

You recalled one particular incident where he was pulling out the teeth of some hapless person, when you walked in.

"Not now sweetheart, daddy's busy." He said, though you just pulled on his glove, holding out a drawing.

"Hm? Did you draw this?" He asked, turning away from his crying victim.

"This is beautiful. Come, let's have it framed." And, carrying you away, the drawing was indeed framed.

It still hung in the home you lived in.

He was always kind to you, no matter what, never once raising his voice at you, even if you'd done something bad.

Mephiles the Dark, they called him, but to you, he was 'dad'.