Ch. 10

Am I... am I done?
I can't think of anything more to write lmao.
I wanted to write more drama I guess, but what unfolds here happened more naturally than that.
Mephiles dad of the year™
He tries his best.
WELL, it's high time I continue AdwaD.
It's been a while.
But for tonight... I rest.
See you (hopefully) tomorrow! 👋

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Acchi..." You muttered, continuing to step back as he approached, the smile never fading.

"You don't seem too happy to see me, little lady." He said, faking being hurt.

"You'd be right in that." Putting his hand over his heart, his smile returned, and you pouted, which seemed to amuse him greatly.

"Always the little lady, aren't you?" He said, suddenly lifting you up, holding you much like he would when you were a young child.

"We've all been so terribly worried for you. When your poor father could no longer sense your presence, he became so distraught..." Lifting his free hand, he gently stroked your cheek, as if wiping away a tear.

It reminded you of when you were younger.

"Please, come home, little lady. We miss you." Ugh, you hated his soft tone...

"I don't want to." You replied, defiant.

"It'll be much easier for us both if you just come willingly, little lady." Again, you refused, looking off to the side.

"... Little lady, you're making my job very difficult." Huffing, you spoke.

"I don't care. I'm staying here." Acheron sighed deeply, his grip on you tightening.

"Have it your way, little lady. If you won't come willingly, I'll just have to drag you ba-" A voice interrupted him, coming from the open front door.

"Y/N?" Acheron turned to the source, curious as to how someone had approached without him noticing, and he scowled upon seeing the black hedgehog, not impressed with what he was seeing.

"That look in your eye... jealousy. What is your relationship with the little lady?" He asked, close to snarling.

"None of your damn business." Replied Shadow, looking prepared to fight.

"Oh, but it is. The little lady is my ward when her father isn't present, and all of her business is effectively mine during that time." Acheron replied, staring Shadow down.

"So I'll repeat my question. What is your relationship with the little lady?" You'd never heard Acheron so angry before...

It made you uneasy.

"Acchi, please don't hurt him..." You quietly begged, gripping his shirt.

"And why shouldn't I? I have direct orders to bring you back, cost what it will. That includes..." Turning to Shadow, the grin on Acheron's lips was sickening, and you knew what came next.

"Loss of life." You froze.

No... you couldn't cope with Shadow dying!

Shadow didn't seem fazed in the slightest, glaring at Acheron with so much hatred, you were honestly afraid that that alone would kill the demon.

"You're more than welcome to try me." Said Shadow, and you wanted to scream at him to just run.

He couldn't go toe-to-toe with a demon.