Chapter Eleven

I knew Candi was uncomfortable while we were talking so once we got to the dinner table I slid my hand on her thigh to relax her

"So Mia, Tina tells me you are a singer?" Raven asked

"Yeah but I decided to stop for a while"

"You serious Mimi?" I questioned like everyone else.

"Yeah I meant to tell y'all I always wanted to be a realtor so I am going to school for it & Shante is moving in with me." She said grabbing her girlfriend's hand.

I was really happy for her I know she always wanted love & family, she deserved it.

"Well I am happy for you two" Tina said holding her glass of wine up sipping on it.

Tina always had a problem with drinking but not seeing her for a while I realized her problem had gotten worse.

"Candice tell me what do you do for work?" Maury asked with a fake smile on her face.

"Umm I dont work my dad owns Anderson, Parker & associate's" She nodded

"Really? My mom is a Lawyer there" Lea said genuinely smiling.

"Oh wow small world" She said sipping her water, ever since we got clean we both stopped drinking alcohol I love that we decided to stop together & stay clean.

"This food is really good babe" Shante said to Mia smiling at her.

"Thanks you know Tamar's sister gave me the recipe" I started choking on my drink.

"What?" I asked finally catching my breath.

"Maury didn't tell you Toni has been hanging out with us, I thought you knew" She said cluelessly

"No I didn't know" I said folding my arms raising my eyebrow at my cousin.

"Well it's not like you have been around lately Tamar" Maury said rolling her eyes at me.

I shook my head at her, "you know what-"

"Come on guys let's just eat" Tina said trying to calm the situation down.

"No it's ok T, let Tamar speak"

"Girl you are not even worth my time at this point"

"Oh but I was worth your time when you were crying on my shoulder & complaining about this bitch over here" Maury shot back.