Jade's POV, The hospital visit.

I took a deep breath, brushing the dark hair from my eyes. As I entered the hospital, I greeted the desk lady before making my request. "Could I have a nurse deliver these flowers to room 203?" I ask, my voice quivering. I never thought I'd be so upset about my mother falling so ill. As our relationship was never good, she'd never wanted children. But my father swore to leave her if she didn't provide him with children. So she went against all her will, and birthed his children. Which consist of Alrea, and I. Though she never failed to remind us that she didn't want us. Reminding me every morning that she hated me before sending me off to school.

My thoughts were broke by the nurse laying a hand on my shoulder, "you requested the flowers to be gifted?" She asked, her voice ringing through my ears. "Ah, yes. I'll wait out here, if she says she wants me, than please retrieve me." I passed the flowers over.

I've been sitting here for five minutes, and I haven't heard anything from my mother. I assume she doesn't want to speak with me, or even lay eyes on me again. I'm not surprised, as she hasn't spoke to my sister nor I since my father passed away. Though to my surprise, I saw the nurse approach me.

"She would like to see you." That surprised me even more. I got up from my seat, following the nurse down the white hallways to my mother's room. What I saw hurt. She was thin, resting in the bed with thin blankets, the flowers knocked into the floor. As soon as the nurse walked away, I knew I was in for it.

"I told you to never visit me. Only the poeple I love are meant to be here. You're taking up space where someone else could be! I don't want your pity gifts. I don't even like flowers when they're from you! Good job, Jade, you've officially ruined my favorite flower. What don't you understand? Just stay out of my life goddamn it." She immediately started her scolding, bringing tears to my eyes. I was just trying to be kind. Why couldn't she love me? It wasn't my fault my father forced her to have children. It wasn't my fault my father passed away. I wasn't the one who ruined her life so why does she blame me?

But clearly, she didn't want me there. So I simply nodded, and exited the room, making my way back down the hall with the hot tears streaming down my face. I was walking quickly. Just hoping to get away from her. Why do I love such a wicked woman? Why couldn't I bring myself to hate her too? I pushed all thoughts of her from my mind right there, walking a few blocks down, to my apartment. I unlocked the door, dropping the keys silently and going to my room.

Maybe one day, she'll love me. Maybe that day will be before she dies. Maybe, I just have to prove myself...