The First Trip

It was the first Monday of their plan, and Jade was due to pick Andy up from his apartment at an agreed time. Said time was only a half hour away.

     Andy was contemplating his outfit, wanting to dress nice since they would be getting lunch afterwards, but also be warm since it was chilly outside now. Eventually, with only 10 minutes to spare, he picked his outfit. It wasn't anything to special, being a pair of skinny black jeans, a white button up, and a gray sweater to go over the button up. An easy discriptions of dark academia. He pulled on his boots, and black trench coat before pocketing his phone and locking his apartment door. He walked down the stairs of his complex, only to find Jade already outside. Which he was only five minutes early, bit he'd honestly expected Jade to be late.

      "How long have you been out here?" Andy asked as he got in the car, pulling his seat belt on. He relaxed into the heated seats of the car, leaning his head back against the head rest.

       "Thirty minutes." Jade admitted, turning on soft music in hopes of avoiding any conversation with Andy. It was Russian gothic music, which Andy loved. He spoke Russian, taught by a highschool friend. That same friend got him into the music genre.

       "Why? You're not meant to be here for another 10 minutes. Why did you come so early?" Andy asked, just curious. He definitely wouldn't come that early to sit in a car and wait. That may have to do with his inability to sit still for very long though.

       "The sooner we leave, the sooner I get flowers and can get this trip over with." Jade's tone stayed so blank, inexpressive. He clearly didn't want to be here though. He didn't want to get lunch with Andy. And while Andy wouldn't admit it, it really hurt his feelings. He didn't know what he'd did for such an hatred against him.

       Andy didn't ask any further questions, just letting the music roll through his ears as he watched out the window. He'd given Jade the address the day before, when they were arranging the times for the trip, so he didn't need to give directions. Which was a blessing and a curse. The blessing being that it wouldn't be on him if he messed up, and that he wouldn't have to direct this entire two hour drive. The curse being that it didn't give him an excuse to speak with Jade during the drive.

       The two hours passed with the bare minimum of conversation. Mostly Jade asking if Andy needed to stop for a bathroom break halfway through, and occasionally asking if he was going the right way to double check.

       Though Jade was amazed by where he arrived. It was a beautiful farm, with a bright white house in the middle of the feild with a green house to the right of it. He parked in the gravel driveway, getting out of his car as he looked around. The hills were coated in a thin layer of beautiful white snow, with a few animals scattered around in the snow. He looked at Andy, who was taking a deep breath of the oh so familiar smell. Seeing that caused Jade to notice the smell of a freshly baked apple pie, and a strong sent of cinnamon. It was such a comforting smell.

      "Well, let's go meet with my parents. They likely have hot tea awaiting us, so expect for them to make you stay for a little longer." The minute that sentence ended, Andy made a run for the door. He knocked on the door before opening it, running to the kitchen where the smell originated. To men stood in the kitchen, Andy's parents. The taller male pulling the freshly baked pie from the oven, and the shorter one setting out the table. They definitely planned to meet this friend before they were due to leave.

       Jade acted a annoyed when Andy mentioned that his parents may request him to stay, but he didn't argue against it. In truth, the idea of hot tea and apple pie made him more than happy to stay a little longer. He slowly approached the door, inviting himself in just as Andy had. He closed the door behind him, following the sounds of dishes to the kitchen, where he assumed everyone was.

        The tallest male was the first to notice Jade, "Oh hello." He pertruded a hand to him, offering it to be shaken as a welcoming to the home. "I'm Alexander, Andy's rather, I assume you're the one we're fixing flowers for?" He spoke quickly, that being natural for him. Words just seemed to role right off his tongue.

        Jade nodded, hesitantly shaking the hand. "Jade, and yes I am. I appreciate your help. It means alot to me sir." Jade gave a small, genuine smile. He'd made it a mission to show his gratitude to these older men. As their kind acts are doing more than they know.

        Alexander was about to speak again when his husband interrupted. "And I'm Owen, nice to meet you Jade. Do you like Jasmine tea? We have lemons of you like that with your tea. And sugar cubes to add your desired amount." He was quite spunky, and overselling things.

       Jade rubbed his neck, letting out a nervous laugh. He tried to look for Andy for advice but Andy had already started to pour himself a cup of the tea. Jade sighed softly, "I suppose I could stay for a bit. But me and Andy have to get going before long. And he can't overeat, I promised him lunch, and I'll know he'll find a way to use it against me if we skip due to him being full."

    Owen nodded excitedly, "That's fine!" He elbowed his husband at the mention of Andy and Jade going to lunch together. Owen was infact the parent who would ship his son with the first man he could. Since, Andy was openly homosexual. Though that didn't mean they Owen would force such a relationship on his son.

     Jade nodded, taking a seat at the rustic looking table. He admired the pink roses that were resting in a jar of water at in the middle of the table. His trance was broken as a cup was set infront of him, he looked up to be met with Andy's face.

     "Sugar is in the baby blue tin." Andy said, a soft voice leaving his lips. He took a seat next to Jade, using a knife to cut the pie. He placed a slice to Jade's plate, and one to his own.

     The next hour was spent in laughter, with good pie and tea that warmed them all to the core. Jade felt unbelievably safe and happy here. Like Andy's parents accepted him more than his own. Not to mention Andy had made him smile some as well. Though unfortunately, the time came where they needed to get the flowers and leave. "Andy, we need to get going. I only have certian hours I can gift to my mother."

     Andy nodded, sitting their plates in the sink. "We'll see you guys next week. I love you." He hugged both of his dads. He waved Jade to follow him as he exited the back door and went to the greenhouse.

      Jade of course followed, waving a farewell to Alexander and Owen. He followed to the greenhouse, a smile pulling at his lips as he stepped inside. He saw all the flowers, which were absolutely gorgeous. Though Andy caught his eye only moments later, standing between the rows of flowers and vines. He blushed, why was this image so attractive? Why was Andy suddenly even prettier than before.

     Andy turned, the nindal of flowers on his hands. That's when he noticed that his companion was staring. He just cleared his throat and walked over to the taller male. "We can leave now if you're ready."

     Andy's words broke his grande, and he nodded. He stayed silent, processing his thoughts as he left the greenhouse, going straight to his car. He quickly unlocked the doors and got in, covering his face. Why did he think those things moments ago?

       Andy was confused to why he'd left so quickly. But he locked up the greenhouse before joining him in the car, misting the flowers with some water before sitting them safely in the cup holder. "Alright.. let's get going."