Chapter 9

Draco -

I got ready quickly and put on my suit. All white, very similar to what I wore at the Yule Ball. I wanted to be reminded of when I was happy. I had so much fun that night. Except for when I had to watch Hermione and Krum flirt all evening long.

I waited in the common room for Hermione. When she walked through the door, it took my breath away. She looked so gorgeous in her emerald dress and formal up-do. I blushed as I said "You look beautiful darling." She looked me up and down before saying "You look really nice too." And with that, we headed to the Great Hall.

...

When we got there, I immediately spotted Ginny. Her red hair was easy to spot in a crowd. But why did her hair look so short? And why wasn't she wearing a dress? That's when it hit me. The Weasel.

"Hermione, Weasley is here." I whispered. She dismissed my worries and put her arms on my shoulders. "I just want to have fun." I noticed her bare arms. The word Mudblood glared at me. As if mocking me for my past mistakes. "I'm sorry about your arm. I really wanted to help you." I whispered into her ears as I put my hands on her waist and started to sway to the slow music. "It's okay Draco. If you helped me, we would have both gotten killed and we wouldn't even be doing this."

...

I was walking to the drink table with Hermione when we bumped into someone. "Oi!" I said as I looked up. Potter. "Oh, sorry Potter." I mumbled as he stared in shock. "Wow. Mione was right, you really have changed. The old Draco wouldn't have said sorry." Harry said clearly impressed. "Um yeah. I mean we've all changed. Sorry about everything Potter. Thanks for understanding." I said as I hooked arms with the smiling Hermione.

~~~~~~~~

Hermione -

Everything was going great, and Draco looked so incredible. Every time we danced, my heart fluttered and I could feel butterflys in my stomach.

After the thing with Harry, things started to get bad. Ron came up to us and glared at Draco. "Get the fuck away from Hermione! I know you've hexed her!" He shouted. I held onto Draco's arm and tried to calm him down. "I haven't hexed anyone." Draco said calmly.

"You're lying!" Ron said as he pointed a wand at Draco. Quickly, I pulled out my wand and shoved it into Ronald's head. "Don't fucking talk to him like that!" I snapped.

Draco and I walked away, and tried to avoid Ron. We had fun, and didn't talk about what happened. Neither of us wanted to ruin the night.

"I have to go get something from the dorm." Draco whispered during one of our slow dances. I nodded and watched him leave. But then, I felt someone grab my arm. "What the hell?!" I exclaimed as I got dragged into a hall. Ron faced me. "Ron get away from me!" I yelled as I tried to escape. With a sly look on his face, he slammed his lips into mine.

He kissed me roughly and violently. I tried to scream and run, but he wouldn't let go. When he sperated his nasty lips from mine, I slapped him across the face. "Don't do that woman! You're mine! Just admit it!" Ron screamed in my face. His spit was flying and I felt a tear fall down my face.

Suddenly, Ron let go of me and fell to the floor. "Darling?! Are you alright?" Draco yelled as he wrapped me into his arms. I saw his bloody knuckles. Ron laid on the ground. His nose was definitely broken.

"Thank you Draco." I whispered. I looked up at him and leaned in closer, our lips were only a centimeter apart when he said "Hermione. Not like this. I don't want it to happen like this."

~~~~~~~~

Hey! This chapter is about 200 words longer than normal 😅

I hope you liked it!