Part 1

It was just about 1PM and Nevada felt like shit. It sucked being on fire. Yet, Nevada wasn't complaining. It's not like anyone would care. As long as Vegas was fine none of the other states would care. That's all Nevada is to them even though she has so much more to offer.

Nevada laid down on his bed trying to ignore their pain but before they could open their phone to distract themself someone knocked on her door.

"Who is it?" He asked. "California," the person replied. Nevada rolled their eyes. "What do you want?" Nevada demanded. "I heard the fire spread to you so I wanted to make sure you were okay," California said. "Why do you care?" Nevada thought. "Um, I'm fine," Nevada lied. "Look, it's okay to ask for help. I'm here if you need anything." "Okay, cool. Bye," Nevada replied. California sighed and walked away.

"That was weird," Nevada thought. "Why the fuck does he care? I never cared for him when xe was on fire so why should they care for me?" Nevada then got this sinking feeling. "God, why am I such a bad person? It's fine though, right? I mean no one ever cares for California so why should I?" Those words of rationale weren't enough to get Nevada's mind off it. "Look, just forget it Nevada. Just lose yourself to the internet again. It's fine, I'm fine."

And so Nevada did. He watched videos endlessly until she heard Gov call out for dinner. 

"Am I even hungry?" Nevada thought as their stomach growled. "Forget I said anything."

He then got up off his bed and walked to the dining room. Tonight Gov had made spaghetti. She never really liked when Gov made dinner. He always made some basic inoffensive food that no one liked but no one hated. It was fine for tonight though. Nevada wasn't really in the mood for good food anyway. They made themself a plate of spaghetti and covered it in marinara sauce. She then headed back to their room. He didn't want to eat with the other states tonight, including the ones he liked.

Nevada ate their food pretty quickly as they played some old livestream in the background. Once he had finished he went to the kitchen to place their plate in the sink. Before they could go back to their room someone started talking to him.

"Are you sure you don't want some ice cream?" California asked, "It helps to eat cold stuff when you're on fire. At least from my experience." "Why is he talking to me?" Nevada thought. "Thanks but no thanks. I'm good." Nevada replied. "Are you sure? I know how painful a fire can be and it helps to have something to ease the pain." "I'm just not in the mood for dessert, okay?" "Do you just want an ice pack instead or maybe a glass of cold-," "Shut up, California," Texas interrupted. "Thanks, Texas," Nevada added. "Fine, you don't want my help, but if you ever need anything I'll be here." "Okay, cool, but I won't and don't need your help." "If you say so," California said as xe walked of with a bowl of ice cream.

Nevada then walked back to their room in frustration.

"God what do they know?" Nevada thought. "I don't need anyone's help. I'm completely fine. My state is like an oven and I'm barely on fire. As long as Vegas is fine, I'm fine. God, California never shuts up. So what, you've been on fire more than anyone can count? I've been on fire a lot too. Sure, this is worse than usual but it's fine, I'm fine."

Nevada then got into their pajamas and watched videos on his phone until she fell asleep.