Drinking

Adeena

Never in a million years did I think, me, a 19 year old girl would be out in a bar with a 23 year old boy. His friends enjoying their time while he and I watch them dance. Galen smiles at me.
"What?" I ask him. Trying not to let him see that his smile is contagious.
"Would you like to dance with me?" He holds out his hand, I stare at it for a moment. A million different things bouncing around in my head. The idea of being close to him excites me but it also terrifies me at the same time. Reminding myself that you can't always hide behind a book, I take his hand and we walk towards the dance floor.
I am suddenly extremely aware of what I am wearing. My loose black skirt matched with a red cropped tank top, though the outfit itself wasn't a concern. It was the skin showing that was, after watching everyone around us-I know we are about to touch more than just our hands. He moves his hand to my waist, pulling me in closer. I freeze, and let him bring me in. His touch is warm on the bare skin of my side, suddenly I want his touch on more than just my waist. We sway slightly, moving closer the more we find our grove in the music. I'm so aware of my body, his leg in between mine, his hand on my waist, mine around his neck and his eyes on mine. This moment with him feels so good, the freedom of having a good time dawns on me. I drink the rest of my drink in two gulps and decide it's time for fun.
"That's the spirit. Let's go get you a new one." He smirks as if proud of my decision.
As we make it back up to the bar, Mason stops us with three shots in hand.
"Here. Let's get this party started." I glance at Galen nervous. I've drank before, I've had shots and gotten drunk but always with my dad. Galen grabs my waist again reassuringly.
"Don't worry. You can stay with me tonight if you end up drinking too much."
That was the end of the beginning. Throughout the night, we all drink. We all have fun and then we walk back to Galen's place a block over. I can't help but feel nervous for the fact that I am staying over at a guys house. But my mind is clouded with alcohol and I have no other choice. 

I am walking fine, but my head is killing me. I need water badly, and to pee. As we get to his apartment we all take the elevator up to his floor. Our hips glued together as he never leaves my side, watching over me like he is my guardian angel. I watch him, his jaw is sharp and his hair is a mess. I can see a silver chain hidden under his shirt that I hadn't noticed before.
"Love, this way" he lightly pulls me off the elevator, leading the way into the apartment and leaving me standing in his kitchen. A boy is sitting in the couch, watching us all come through the door. Must be funny because he laughs as he stands up to greet everyone.
"Hey Ace, can you grab the air mattress from the hall closet? I got the couch" Galen takes over the making of the couch bed. I do the math in my head, Matt would probably sleep on the couch. Lizzy already called dibs on the mattress, and Mason, Galen have their rooms. Not to mention the boy I suspect must be Galen's brother, Ace, has his room.
"Where am I sleeping?" I ask- no one responds. My head is pounding though so I sit down, laying it on the table unable to hold it up anymore. I just sit there listening to everyone settling in around me. Once the beds are made, I feel a gentle hand on my shoulder.
"Come on Love, it's time to get you in bed." Setting a glass of water down in front of me.
"Where's your bathroom?" He held is hand out leading me to the bathroom.
"Call me if you need me. Here is a change of clothes to sleep in" he hands me a gray high school T-shirt and a big pair of short that I can only assume won't fit me. I undress, putting on the large shirt and the shorts. Realizing the shorts actually fit me better than I thought makes me feel less nervous. Looking in the mirror makes the nervous resurface. I look like a mess. I pull my hair back in a loose French braid and rinse off my face.  When I'm satisfied with my reflection I open the door, Galen is standing outside with my glass of water.

"Ready for bed?"