Sick Day

Relationship Status: Dating

Sokka woke up in a sudden chill. He wrapped the covers around him tighter but it was no use. He layed there for a few minutes, freezing, before sweating. He pushed all the covers off him in one kick and layed there, staring up at the ceiling.

He soon sat up and grabbed the bottle of water on his nightstand and took a sip. His throat burned now. As his eyes watered up from the pain, he closed the lid to the water before slowly and weakly getting up to walk to the bathroom.

He turned on the light, blinding him for a few moments, before rummaging through the medicine cabinet for something to help him feel better.

His head was now pounding, he grabbed the counter with his left hand to steady himself up, not wanting to fall over. He soon found something and took it, barley paying attention and just hoping it was enough.

He shoved it back in the cabinet and turned off the lights. As he walked back to bed he fell, his legs giving up on him.

"Shit.." He mumbled to himself and quickly sat up. He began standing up as he heard shuffling above him.

"Sokka?" A voice said. He turned his head to face Zuko. He grabbed a hold of the bed beside him to help himself up.

"Hey-Z-" He coughed, causing his throat to hurt 10x worse then it already did.

"Sorry.. I woke you." He said drousily. "I don't feel very good so I took some medicine."He slowly headed over to his side of the bed and layed down. Zuko walked to his side and checked the clock.

"Its 5am." Zuko said to himself before turning to face his boyfriend. "What are your symptoms?" He asked.

Sokka didn't reply right away. He kept his eyes shut. Then, he opened them and faced the ceiling.

"My head hurts, I'm cold them hot.., my throat hurts, I'm achy, and tired.." Sokka explained as his voice became softer. Zuko moved his hand up to his forehead and felt it with the back of his palm.

"Shit. You're burning up." Zuko exclaimed, jumping out of bed to walk into the bathroom to grab a washcloth to put on his head.

Sokka hummed in response, very unaware of anything happening around him. Zuko soon came back in and placed the cold washcloth on his head.

"Ah-" Sokka whinced, opening his eyes to face Zuko's. Zuko worryingly looked at him as Sokka's eyes drooped. He closed his eyes for a few moments as he felt Zuko shuffling in the bed. He soon later opened his eyes. He watched Zuko check something before setting it down.

"What are you doing?" Sokka asked, mumbling his words.

Zuko looked up. "Oh. Nothing." Zuko layed back. "Im gonna skip some meetings today. I'll stay and take care of you."

He didn't reply right away, but once his words registered, he did. "Wait, no. Don't have have to fly to the Earth Kingdom today to meet up with the King and Aang?" Sokka asked, turning his head to Zuko.

He nodded. "Yes, but taking care of you is more important. I'll send a letter to Aang and The King to let them know. I'm sure my Uncle could go for me.." He paused then layed back on the headboard.

Sokka hummed and closed his eyes, falling back asleep. Zuko did as well, a few minutes later.

--

Sokka's eyes shot open. In pain, he sat up, holding his stomach. He slowly sat up before running to the bathroom. He grabbed the waste basket and threw up.

Zuko heard Sokka get up and sat up. After laying there for a few moments, wondering if he would be okay or not, he decided he would not and headed into the bathroom.