The Three Fortunes

A/N: This is off of the episode "The Fortune-teller" because I'm still mad Sokka didn't get a real fortune. Enjoy :P

Katara and Aang have found an obsession with fortune telling. While Sokka found it to be the most ridiculous thing to ever exist, the rest of the Earth Kingdom town disagreed. Every person seemed to be brain washed into believing in this garbage, which disgusted Sokka but delighted the younger two.

So, that's how Sokka found himself being practically dragged into Aunt Wu's place, Katara and Aang both smiling from ear to ear, asking for a fortune. Aunt Wu obviously said yes, and Katara was sent back to get her's.

"This is stupid." Sokka mumbled, sitting down on the pillows with his legs crossed. Aang slid down onto the pillow next to him, bumping his shoulder into Sokka's, although he wasn't too successful concidering Sokka was a quite a bit taller than the air nomad.

"I'm sure it'll be fun!" Aang smiled, reaching for a bowl of some sort of snack that was in front of them. Sokka looked at him, unconvinced but sighed and reached for the snack as well. His eyes lit up at the taste and immediately grabbed more.

When Katara finished up, Aang went in. Sokka raised his eyebrow at his sister who seemed to be very happy. "I'm assuming the fortune went well?" He said, taking another bite of the snack. Katara nodded, sitting down in the same spot Aang once was.

"Do I even want to know..." Sokka mumbled, mouth full.

Aang finished up a few minutes later meaning it was sadly Sokka's turn. He huffed as he stood up, deciding it would be better to just get it over with. He went down a narrow hallway and into a room. It was big with four pillars forming a square towards the middle and a fire across from two pillows on the floor. Aunt Wu motioned for him to sit on the cushion across from her, so he did.

When he sat down, he let Aunt Wu wordlessly take his hand into her own. He watched her with a bored expression as she roamed her fingers along the lines in his palm, her eyes closed.

"Yes... yes I see." She hummed and opened her eyes. "Here, it says you will be married to a world leader." Sokka made a face, his eyebrow scrunched together.

She then closed her eyes again, running her fingers along another line on his palm. "Here..." She kept her eyes closed as she spoke, "it says you will become a very important political figure as an adult."

"Oh boy..." He mumbled as she searched for the last fortune on his palm. At last, she made a noise of triumphant.

"And..." She furrowed her eyebrows together, confused. She slowly opened her eyes, blinking at Sokka.

"What?" He asked, his palm still in her hands. She closed her eyes one last time, feeling that spot on his hand again. Then she opened her eyes yet again, looking at him.

"Lastly, it says you will... fall in love with the Fire Lord?" Sokka's eyes widened at her words as he pulled his hand out of her grasp. He then repeatedly shook his head in disbelief.

He stood up, taking a deep breath. "That thing isn't real. There's no way..." She stood up as well, folding her hands in front of her.

"It's true. All my predictions come true in one way or another." She said with great pride. Sokka rolled his eyes, turning away to walk out.

When he got back to the room Katara and Aang were in, he ignored their laughter as he spoke up. "We're leaving." He said, leaving no room for excuses as he walked out of the building.

As he exited, Aunt Wu walked in, her mouth formed into a frown.

"Aunt Wu?" Katara said, standing up, "what happened?" Aang stood up as well, standing beside Katara. Aunt Wu stood not too far away from them, yet she kept her eye on Sokka who was walking down the street.