Learning The Past

Relationship Status: Married with a child

[Hi! Sorry that I haven't posted on Wattpad in a while. This post is from my AO3, Zukoars!]

Izumi tip-toed the hall ways, trying to stay as quiet as possible.

Her Dad's were in a meeting and she just escaped the baby-sitting of her Aunt Mai since she fell asleep. She now carefully wondered the halls and into areas she definitely knows she isn't allowed in.

Soon, she discovers a metal door. It's creaked open just a tiny bit. She knows she definitely shouldn't go in there, but she also knows her Dad's are too soft to even yell at her if she does. So, she pushed it open a tiny bit and walked in.

Its dark, almost no light. Just some candles lit here and there. Izumi gulped, slowly walking with her arms folded up against her chest.

She took a turn then was met with a pair of yellow eyes staring back at her own.

"Who are-" She said with confidence before stopping herself. The person walked closer to their cell, putting their hands around the bars.

"What is a little girl like you doing back here?" They asked, manipulatively. She gulped and looked at them. It was a man. He had black, long hair, but it was slowly graying. He also had a beard, messy and over grown. He had eye bags, strong ones. His clothes were rags. She shivered then looked back up at his eyes.

"Princess Izumi." She stood her ground, confidence rising in her. He raised an eyebrow and looked her up and down. It wasn't hard to tell who she was if you looked at what she wore. A red and gold dress along with golden flats, her hair half down and half up. She also had a small royal topknot sitting on her head.

He grinned. "Ah, Princess. I see Zuko has finally decided children weren't horrible." A smirk grew on his face.

"Huh- how do you know my Dad?" She asked, tilting her head to the side in curiosity. He chuckled and decided to simply ignore her question for now.

"Who's your mother, child?"

Izumi bit her lip. Mother. Yeah, that she didn't have. She knew it was okay for her to have two Dad's, but, she also knew many people didn't like that. If she got a coin for each time someone told her having no Mom was weird, she would have at least 20.

"Oh.. I don't know." She decided on that answer, figuring it was safer than saying she had no Mom. The man raised an eyebrow.

"Hm, I thought for sure Mai and Zuko would have worked. And I wonder why Zuko never told you who your Mother was. That's very cruel of him. I'm sorry, dear." He pittied her, forming a fake pout on his lips.

"Oh, Daddy isn't cruel. He's a very kind person." She happily said, obliviously.

"Sure, he is." The man then tapped his chin. "You know, you remind me so much of my own daughter. Azula. Do you know her?" He asked Izumi.

She stood there for a few moments, blinking. Azula? As in Aunt Zula? Auntie Azula. Her Dad's sister?

"Yes, I know an Azula. But that's Dad's sister. And you aren't related to.." She cut herself off. Her eyebrows furrowed together in thought. Then she rose her head. "Wait.. You're-" She stuttered out before a loud bang was heard behind her, followed by footsteps of a few people.

"Izumi! Are you in her-" He stopped. "Izumi, get away from him." Zuko growled. She slowly stepped away from the cell as the man burst out laughing.

"Oh Zuko! How do you let your daughter get back here. That's very irresponsible of you." He grinned as he caught his breathe. "Yet again, you never were responsible. Always angry and vicious."