Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Lilium

We quietly walked the halls, almost like we were walking to our deaths. I couldn't focus on my surroundings as I was too caught up in my thoughts. It would have been useless for Kaisen to have bought me such nice things only to find out we're not mates. Wait, when did I start worrying about whether I had a mate or not?

"Lily?" The familiar voice called, pulling me from my thoughts as I quickly looked around at my surroundings. We were no longer walking the hall of death, we were in some type of large cathedral. Larger than I had ever seen. Large columns had lined the aisle on both sides leading up to a giant statue of a human-like woman with what looked like antlers who was holding her hands out in front of her as light poured down into her reaching hands. "Lily, we have to step forward." Kai softly spoke while gently nudging me forward with his hand on my lower back before we stepped down off the small platform and onto the green rug. As we walked forward, I looked around while looking at the doors around us. Four different colored doors were each set on the left and right walls. All eight doors seemed to have silver nameplates on each. "Each room is for a different God or Goddess. This large statue we're leading up to is the mother of those Gods and Goddesses, Storrerhia. It is said that she was the one who created our planet and all life on it." Kai explained, noticing my wandering eyes as I looked up at him.

"Do the other Gods and Goddesses have like different things they do and creations that are under them or what?" I tried to word my question out properly but it even confused me as Kai smiled down at me before looking back forward.

"There's four main areas on Sinniriel and eight main tribes. There's the underground where we are now, the mountains, the black ocean, and the mirage. Those are the only livable habitats for each tribe." He explained as hope began to blossom within me. Maybe the girls made it to one of those habitats. I thought as Kai continued on. "Each tribe was named after their God or Goddess as their deity was the one who created them. Since there wasn't much livable habitats to go around, at least two tribes were paired up to one. You know of our people, the Apiazans of the Apia Tribe. Our Goddess is Apia, the Goddess of mates and loyalty. We share this habitat with the Tiocraven Tribe. Their God is the God of the home and hearth. They prefer to stay neutral and away from our tribe, that's why you don't see them walking amongst us." He explained before stopping a little from the statue as a purple man rounded the statue. Stopping in front of us, he nodded his bald head towards us before smiling. He wore green long robes that touched the floor as I smiled back at him.

"Welcome, Kaisen and young lady. I am the high priest of the temple, Acu. I perform the sacred ceremonies and perform high blessings. What may I help you two with?" He asked while looking between the both of us as Kai squeezed my hand.

"We're here to see if Lilium is my mate. I don't know how to tell if she is." Kai explained as the priest smiled again before nodding. I thought he would judge us but he seemed rather friendly and peaceful to be around.

"It's very common nowadays to not be able to tell who your mate is and that's okay. The mother of all has brought you both together for a reason." He explained while looking between us with his dark brown eyes before holding out his hands towards us. "I will perform a simple divine intervention and see if you two are mates. It will not hurt you in any way, so no need to worry." He added while looking at me as I nodded before Kai released my hand with reluctance. Taking hold of the Acu's left hand, Kai took his right as the priest closed his eyes. "Mother of all, please lead the way." Acu called while leaning his head back as warmth quilted my hand. What was going on? I asked myself as the heat slithered up my arm and up my neck before covering my entire head as I closed my eyes.

It felt like I was back on the farm again, working in the heat. Memories I thought I had forgotten started popping back into my head. Some were bad, some were sad, but most were good. I could see my mother's face clearly as she called to me. Why am I seeing these now? What did any of these have to do with me finding out whether or not Kai was my mate or not? I asked myself as a female's laughter caught my attention. Quickly opening my eyes, I looked around at the empty cathedral. Kai and Acu were both gone as I looked around frantically.