2 weeks later

lloyd's pov

2 weeks later, and the fan mail and thank you letters are still coming. it's nice to feel appreciated after almost letting the city be destroyed for like the 10th time.

  we've all been living at the monastery for the last few weeks. we being me, the other ninja, pixal and master wu. we're all recovering and relaxing. cole ate like an entire cake as soon as we got back, jay's been been playing hours of video games, i just like having things back to a somewhat normal. waking up, feeding the chickens that live around here, playing video games.

  currently im eating breakfast- i've learned cinnamon flakes are my favorite- and reading through newly delivered fan mail.

  the mailman must be exhausted, i thought as a picked up the last envelope. we should make him cookies or something.

  the letter had all the usual things. thank you for saving our family ninja! with lots of heart drawings. by the looks of it it was made by a kid.

  i flipped the paper over, just to check if there was anything else, and my heart jumped when i saw there was.

  on the back was a picture of harumi. with more hearts.

  this kid did realize that harumi was the one who destroyed the city, right?  besides, she was dead.

  "i know you're not over her, but that cannot be healthy." someone said from behind me. kai.

  "what?" i turn to him, and the back at the drawing. "oh, i didn't draw this."

  "uh-huh. who else would have?" kai raised an eyebrow and sat down next to me.

  "no, this is a fan mail from some kid. but... they drew harumi on the back." i showed him the letter. "i don't get it. harumi's the bad guy."

  "oh no, don't tell me she's escaped." nya walked into the room. "i don't wanna have to deal with her again." then she spotted me. her eyes widened. "oh hey, lloyd. didn't see ya there."

  "we were just talking about harumi, nya." kai said, glaring at nya.

  "yeah, nya, harumi's dead, remember?" i reminded her.

  it's weird that nya would forget. she's not normally like that.

  "oh. right. haha!" nya said.

  "wait, harumi's dead?" jay and cole walk in.

  "um yeah." kai said glancing worriedly at me.

  wait a second...

  "oh! hi lloyd!" cole said, surprised.

  "hey what's going on here?!?" i say. i narrow my eyebrows at everyone else.

  they all fall silent.

  "i suppose we should tell him." zane says.

  now everyone's here. great.

  "no," kai says. "that's not a good idea!"

  "tell me what, kai?" i ask.

  i can already guess what they're gonna say, i just don't wanna hear it.

  "lloyd..." nya says with sympathy.

  oh no.

  "harumi's alive."