that can't be right

lloyd's pov

"no. she's not." i say. "i saw her die. i saw that building collapse!"

  "well, she survived." cole said.

  "we don't know how..." jay added.

  "but she did. and is now incarcerated in kryptarium prison." zane finished.

  what...

  "no, no that can't be right." i say.

  im not sure why im panicked. she's locked up in kryptarium prison. i never have to see her again. still... it's the fact that i could. i could go see her again. if i wanted to. but i don't. also...

  "all of you guys know." i state, looking around at them. they all look so guilty.

  "it was my idea." kai confessed. "when we found out she was alive i thought it would be better for you if you didn't know. you'd already been through so much- and you've been so happy..."

  "i..." i start, but im not really sure what to say. to be honest, im not really sure how i feel. betrayed? confused? shocked?

  "i appreciate that." i say, not meeting any of their eyes.

  "so...your not mad?" jay askes.

  "oh no- im furious." i say, but it comes out so monotone i think even zane mistakes it for sarcasm.

  the group seems to share a sigh of relief.

  "i have to go." i say, and turn and walk out the door.

  im suddenly very tired and angry and really want a nap.

  i somehow make it all the way to my room and lay down on my bed before i remember the fanmail. something is still left unexplained...

  why was harumi's face on the back of the letter?