Chapter 5. Does He Deserve Death?

When life gives you lemons, Michael Afton is too stupid to realize what that means. If life is supposed to give Michael lemons and expect him to make lemonade, add some sugar. It seems as if his life is nothing but lemons. Add some good in with the bad if all he gets is bad.
Michael was doing as he always did, working on animatronics. The animatronics that aren't even his. He was doing so mindlessly, his thoughts were focused on something else far more important.

"What the hell did Y/N mean when she said I should make lemonade?" Michael thought to himself. The whole conversation they had the day previous was rather out of the blue and seemed to have a double meaning behind it. But Michael had no idea what she meant.

Call him clueless, but it was the truth.

He's smart, but common sense he sometimes lacks.
Michael had the TV on in the lobby while he tinkered with the robot in front of him, it made the silence more bearable. He hated that ringing in his ears he gets when a place is too quiet. The news announcer's voice was easy to drown out, but he said something that caught Michael's attention.

"Local riots broke loose at the county prison. Each protester had this to say, 'Give Afton the death penalty. referring to Mr. William Afton, a local murderer who had killed at least 4 children. Afton was given life in prison with no possible chance of parole, but that just doesn't cut it for these angry citizens."

Michael watched in awe, his dad was arrested when Michael was a teenager. People still are angry about his sentence?
This was most likely due to the anniversary of the children's disappearance being lot that long ago. The people still want justice for the lost children.

Michael didn't know where he stood on his dad's sentence. He knew he should be locked away forever, he deserved that. But death? Certainly, he deserves it, but could Michael stomach that thought?

William was an abusive, child-murdering, psychopath. But he was still Michael's father. How could Michael completely hate the face of a killer when he has the same one? His striking resemblance to William has freaked out many people before, including himself. But Y/N always tells Michael she loves the way he looks. That's the only opinion that mattered to Michael.

"Damn...I wonder if that old shit is gonna get the death penalty..." Michael mumbled to himself, disconnecting himself from the man on the TV who raised him.

Upon saying that, the robot in front of him made a buzzing sound. This made Michael furrow his eyebrows.
"...What the..?" he stared down at it. The animatronic he was working on was destined to be Funtime Freddy.

That's strange.

After a few moments of silence, he began slowly tightening a bolt in the back of the robot's head. Trying to brush off what just happened. "Probably a malfunction..." he mutters. He knew his father's designs weren't flawless, probably something minor that old shit messed up,

The robot made another noise, but this time louder. Michael practically choked on his spit. He grabbed his screwdriver and quickly tried to make the continuous noise stop, but anything he tried didn't work. The robot collapsed on the ground, the noise started to make the animatronic vibrate against the hard tile floor.

"What the fuck..!?" Michael's eyes widened as he watched the bot seemingly have a meltdown. The great sight started to give him a headache. The TV announcer wasn't helping his pounding head, for he still talking on the TV. Michael tried tuning him out, but his voice seemed to boom louder than before. 

He didn't even turn up the volume.

"Will Mr. Afton get the death penalty? Does he deserve death? Will the souls of the deceased children rest?

Funtime Freddy was still vibrating aggressively, the sound of his inner fans trying to cool his systems down was whirring still as loud as before. Michael stood there, frozen. He couldn't do anything to make it stop, and it felt like he was going crazy. The phrase that the man on the TV said replayed in Michael's mind over and over again. 

"Does he deserve death?"

Breaking him out of his trance, Michael heard keys jingling in the front door. It was Y/N's dad, D/N. He hasn't seen him in a bit so it was nice to see him, it would be nicer if this animatronic wasn't acting possessed on the ground inf front of Michael. Michael who was seemingly paralyzed before quickly grabbed the TV remote and turned it off not being able to take any more of this news report.
"Mr. L/N! I'm glad you're here!" Michael swallows hard.

When D/N saw the malfunctioning robot on the floor he gasped, "What in the world?" he exclaimed. He quickly gets on his knees next to the robot, "How did this happen?" He opens the back of the robot and tries turning him off.

"I-...I don't know sir!" Michael watches as the jittering in the robot stops, and the loud noise begins to fade. He lay unmoving on the tile floor next to D/N's feet. D/N pants quietly, "Jeez...well I'm glad I came to check on you..." He stands up and dusts off his pants. "I came to do some paperwork, just some legalities and such." he shifts his gaze to the motionless robot on the floor.

After a long moment of silence, D/N finally spoke.

"Michael?" He looks back at Michael, putting his hands in his pocket.
"Yes Mr. L/N?" Michael was anxious he would get in trouble for this. D/N was his boss after all.
"Why don't you go home? You've been working your tail off for the past few weeks to get these animatronics up and running. Tell Y/N her mother and I say hello." D/N pats Michael on the shoulder.

Sighing in relief, Michael nodded. "Yeah...Yes sir, I certainly will."

Hey Guys!
Quick author-note, I'm very sorry I took this long to post a chapter. As some of you may know, I just got expelled from school. It's a long story, but basically some fake friends told a bunch of lies about me. And since I went to a religious school they didn't take it lightly. I'm trying to enroll into another school, but until then updates are gonna be a little slow.
Thanks for always supporting me

Much love,
Author