Chapter 9. A Monopoly of the Idle Life

Halfway through the Monopoly game, the tension was thick. Monopoly is a game known to tear friendships apart or make drunk uncles at family get-togethers flip kitchen tables because somebody already bought Boardwalk. A fun fact about Chica Mask is he's competitive, very competitive, but overall sucks at any game involving luck. Michael, however, hates losing. He hates it with a burning passion.

As a child, whenever he would lose he felt his face get hot. Whether it was the shame of losing or his horrible temper, he just always hated losing. When Michael and Chica Mask were rambunctious teens and they would place silly bets they would do anything in their power to not lose to the other.

One time, they placed a bet on which raindrop on a car window would fall the fastest. Chica Mask was winning the bet, and Michael literally started beating up Chica Mask. He tackled him and the two fought it out. And just like any 13-year-old boys, they got over it in a few minutes as if nothing happened.

 And now Y/N is lucky enough to have not only Chica Mask and Michael competing against each other, but they're both drunk while doing it. While she knew it was bound to be entertaining, she sat in an armchair with her legs up, wine glass in her left hand giggling at whatever the boys were arguing about.

"Michael you don't understand the process of real estate you moron you're wasting all your hard-earned money on the expensive properties! How is that a good strategy?!"
"You're just pissed I bought Boardwalk my first roll, so suck it!"
"Maybe I am but I'm enough of a man to fucking admit it! Don't come crying to me when you can't feed your children you broke asshole!"
"Chica Mask this is Monopoly, there are no children in this game, you're thinking about the Game of Life!"
"Put a sock in it, Afton!"

Y/N laughs loudly at their antics and sighs swiveling her wine around in the glass idly, unbeknownst to them she had the most properties and hotels on top of them so when their characters landed on her spaces they owed more than the usual space.

"Haha! Who's an idiot for buying the Electric Company now? Pay up bitch," Michael pointed his finger at Chica Mask whose character piece landed on the Electric Company. Before this Chica Mask ridiculed him saying the Utility cards weren't worth buying, but now he owed Michael quite a sum of money.

"Shut up, shut up, shut up." Chica Mask grumbled paying Michael his debt with a scowl and crossed arms.

"It's your turn to roll now Chica Mask, stop sulking," Y/N chuckled and handed Chica Mask the dice. He takes them and rolls them, blowing on his own fist for good luck. He releases the dice and sees what he rolls. After moving his character the amount of spaces necessary he lands on the "Go to Jail" space and groans loudly.

"Oh come on!" He exclaims, Michael laughs at the misfortune of his friends and shoves him. "Go to jail you prick," Michael slurred, taking a swig of his wine. Chica Mask was right when he said this wine was good quality. He knew nothing about the quality of wine but this one was damn good.

After an entire hour of this senseless banter, the boys were both all out of in-game money. They argue with one another about cheating or stealing the other's money but Y/N interrupts them.

"Y'know according to most Monopoly rules, the person with the most money at the end wins." She says casually, holding back her laughter. The two boys look at each other, realizing that if they both don't have any money only one person would.

Y/N.

Without a second of hesitation, she slams about $7,000 worth of Monopoly money in front of them with a shit-eating grin. "Read 'em and weep fuckers." She said confidently. Chica Mask gasps, "How in the world do you have that much money?!" He looks between Michael and Y/N, Michael just keeps his gaze focused on Y/N. He knew she was a clever girl but wondered how on earth she collected that much.

"Easy. I kept my mouth shut unlike you two and bought all my properties houses and hotels, making the rent even more expensive." She shrugged as if it was the easiest thing in the world. Chica Mask and Michael were speechless, jaws on the ground and Y/N just chuckles at their expressions.

"Michael. You're going to be a very rich man one day, marry this girl she's a mastermind." Chica whispered not so quietly to Michael. Michael just nodded quickly, impressed by Y/N's clever strategy to win.
"Already planned on it, dude."

Hey guys it's been a bit! How did everyone like the FNAF movie? I think Josh Hutcherson did an amazing job as Mike, and even if the lore was a bit messy the movie stands on its own pretty solidly! Seeing the movie made me get a spark of creativity and an "Oh shit I forgot I'm an author" Moment. So apologies this has been so drawn out, I'm sure you guys are used to it haha. I wanna make longer and more complex chapters because I feel like my skills an an author have improved but they don't match the style of old books anymore. So if you see a big change in length or style thats why! I made this chapter short to just get it out of the way but I hope you enjoyed the silliness!
Much love, Author